Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tiptronic and front differential service

Hello, I am very interested in draining the fluid in the Tiptronic S.  My Arizona daily driver 2007 997.1 C4S has 80000 miles and I would like to know exactly what type of fluid to get and how many liters. Will also get the filter and gasket.

I understand the capacity is about 9 liters and about half of that can be drained, and was thinking that after the initial service (filter, half the fluid) I will drive it for a few weeks so that it mixes,  then drain it again (this time without removing the pan and without replacing the filter) and thus will have replaced 75% of the fluid. Is that reasonable or is it crazy?

Also does the front differential fluid need to be replaced? If yes, what type and how many liters? Is there a rear differential?

Thank you all.

• Moderators
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:21 AM, Koenbro said:

Hello, I am very interested in draining the fluid in the Tiptronic S.  My Arizona daily driver 2007 997.1 C4S has 80000 miles and I would like to know exactly what type of fluid to get and how many liters. Will also get the filter and gasket.

I understand the capacity is about 9 liters and about half of that can be drained, and was thinking that after the initial service (filter, half the fluid) I will drive it for a few weeks so that it mixes,  then drain it again (this time without removing the pan and without replacing the filter) and thus will have replaced 75% of the fluid. Is that reasonable or is it crazy?

Also does the front differential fluid need to be replaced? If yes, what type and how many liters? Is there a rear differential?

Thank you all.

You will get 5-6 liters of old fluid out of your Tip, and changing it a second time is not a bad idea.

This should help you with the front diff: 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the supplies from my dealer, and would like to get the screw connection hose No. 9507/1 A (or equivalent) to be be able to connect to the  charging valve. Any ideas where i should look?

I am considering the MityVac adaptor for Benz 722.9 Auto Transmission that has a 12mm thread. Wold rather not buy the whole set with multiple adaptors for various brands, if I can get the right one upfront.  Can anyone ( @JFP in PA @Loren) tell me  what thread does the filler valve need? I would gladly buy the Porsche tool but if not available, any replacement would do. 

Edited by Koenbro
typos

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Koenbro said:

I got the supplies from my dealer, and would like to get the screw connection hose No. 9507/1 A (or equivalent) to be be able to connect to the  charging valve. Any ideas where i should look?

I am considering the MityVac adaptor for Benz 722.9 Auto Transmission that has a 12mm thread. Wold rather not buy the whole set with multiple adaptors for various brands, if I can get the right one upfront.  Can anyone ( @JFP in PA @Loren) tell me  what thread does the filler valve need? I would gladly buy the Porsche tool but if not available, any replacement would do. 

We made our own using  a 134A line with a M14X1.5 adaptor on it to connect to the fitting on the pan. You can also buy Porsche's line, part# 000.721.950.71 Connecting hose -- US MSRP $40.05.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @JFP in PA I ordered the Porsche hose adapter from my dealer. When I lifted the car, however, noticed that the underbody panel had some fresh oil leak on it -- was not there a few weeks ago when I looked under the car.

After removing the panel, it is from the front of the transmission, and it is not red like the Tiptronic fluid. Could it be the all-wheel driving mechanism?

PS. Just to clarify, although one pic shows a jack, the car is supported by four jackstands in the factory-recommended positions, plus a fifth stand under the rear suspension on one side. Thought I'd mention that.

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

Edited by Koenbro

• 2 months later...