Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My new '99 Aero Carrera (subwoofer ?)

post-6193-1121867955_thumb.jpg

Ive been waiting a long time for this :)

Another thing is that I wanted to know if any of you have subwoofers connected in your carreras? I used to have a box with 3 12" JL audio w6 subs with a 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate amp in my bmw. I also have 1 12" JL w7. i want to install the w7 but its a very deep and wide sub. obviously im not putting them all in, but im trying to find the best way to get that deep bass back. im not sure if i could find a box that would fit behind the back seat. whats the best way to do this?

pics would help!

post-6053-1121877017.jpgpost-6053-1121877029.jpgpost-6053-1121876862.jpgI just had my system installed in my 99C4 Aero and it turned out great. I know to a lot of Porsche enthusiasts putting this amount of audio equipt in is butchering the car but please realize that it doubles as a Demo Car for my company and was all free. That being said I used 1 10in Kenwood eXcelon sub for my bass and in that small of a cab it sounds awesome and the inverted sub looks killer from the back window.

Focal Components, 2 Kenwood monitors, eXcelon amps, and of course Sirius Satellite Radio (company the car was built for) Hope this helps

Congrats on the car, it looks awesome! :thumbup: Well worth the wait?

There is a popular shop that does custom systems for Porsches. Car Audio Innovations.

If you call Rob there at 1-800-892-6430 he will be happy to discuss your needs. He can sell you a box that will fit nicely. Check out some of the installs on their web site. Not sure if you will get your 12" in there, but he has done an 11". You will have to talk to him.

-Darren

• 3 weeks later...

I too agree that many may think it sacrilegious to butcher a Porsche for a sound system, but my excuse was that the head end had already been swapped out by the original owner when I bought my car (a '99C2). I wanted (needed?) to add some bass and after talking to a couple of stores ended up with 3x8 inch Rockford-Fosgate subs, a 4 channel amp, and a Panasonic DVD. Sounds great. Since these photos were taken I've taken out the old cassette(!) holder, and have a SR7 radar detector in there.

post-6443-1123281068.jpg post-6443-1123281082.jpg

its the 996 aero kit.  your car looks real hot by the way, i wish i could find another way to get my 12" w7 in there...hehe  i miss the bass.

Congrats!! I just bought a 99 Black C2 like that!! See attached pic... It came loaded with a bunch of sound crap. I have three amps and a 10 disc changer in the front trunk, a huge sub box behnd the rear seats. Sound excellent but ill be tearing it all out, i bought this car for the track!

post-6389-1123701905_thumb.jpg

Edited by c4bliss

• 3 weeks later...