Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

just got my 987

after a very long time finally decided to buy my Boxster, life long dream, and got it yesterday, went for a long drive at night, from midnight to 4 am, much more than I expected, this forum is great and have been reading it almost everyday, makes you want to own the car as soon as possible.

its basalt black, with black interior,

looking forward to read more and more, by the way Im in Mexico

best regards

I'll check, one question, when the rear spoiler goes down a long series of loud clicks is heard from the rear, but when it deploys theres nothing, is this normal? Im calling the dealer but just want to be prepared if they say its normal, to me it doesnt sound normal, but this is my first Porsche, to my knowledge what we get here is european version, just a slight change for gasoline issues, but i will check the code. By the way great forum.

• Moderators

The 986 did not make a clicking sound. Have not listened to a 987. Listen to another 987 if the dealer says it is normal.

Check out the sticker. C34 is the country code for Mexico. There are other codes for Europe. With your code we can look up the specs.

• Admin

342 - Seat heating left and right

424 - CD compartment (storage)

490 - Sound sytem "ask"

502 - ?

535 - Theft security system 315 mhz

551 - Wind deflector

573 - Air conditioner

584 - ?

762 - (usually 7xx series are special edition cars - is this a special edition?)

The 986 did not make a clicking sound.  Have not listened to a 987.  Listen to another 987 if the dealer says it is normal.

Check out the sticker.  C34 is the country code for Mexico.  There are other codes for Europe.  With your code we can look up the specs.

No clicking on my 987 spoiler

The 986 did not make a clicking sound.  Have not listened to a 987.  Listen to another 987 if the dealer says it is normal.

Check out the sticker.  C34 is the country code for Mexico.  There are other codes for Europe.  With your code we can look up the specs.

No clicking on my 987 spoiler

well special edition for me, just kiddin, to my knowledge theres no special edition issue in my car, talked to the dealer and they say its not normal, they had another car with the same thing, a new spoiler "motor" is on the way, lets see how much time it takes, thanks to everyone.

• Moderators

Loren has a 996 and they are all made in Germany, so he never knows the Boxster only code 502.:P

502 means your Boxster was made in Finland.

584 is the storage box behind the seats, also another Boxster only code. Something else a 996 owner would not know. :P :P

Now you have to send us some visors that do not have the USA/Canada air bag warning stickers.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...c=5742&hl=visor

• Admin
Loren has a 996 and they are all made in Germany, so he never knows the Boxster only code 502.:P

502 means it was made in Finland.

584 is the storage box behind the seats, also a Boxster only code.  Something else a 996 owner would not know. :P  :P

Now you have to send us some visors that do not have the USA/Canada air bag warning stickers.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...c=5742&hl=visor

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Short term memory loss - I answered two of those last week (or the week before - see I can't remember :lol: )

I'll check, you need both visors? Another tecnical question, in the owners manual given to me theres no limit on the break in period for RPM's, read the USA manual and it says no more than 4200 RPM for the first 2000 miles, asked the dealer and told me that theres no limit on RPM's that I could floor it etc, and of course I did, right now Ive got 500 miles on the car and have accelerated to 6000 RPM,should I have any concerns, as theres no limit on the manual, warranty etc, Im covered for the warranty period, but on the long run, what do you guys think?

• Moderators

I am curious as to what it would cost to buy parts from Mexico rather than having a US dealer order them from Germany. Plus sometimes in the past you could not order some European parts from a US dealer. Maybe the way around is to buy it from a dealer in Mexico.

They say the engine is broken in at the factory. A European manual says break in is 1,000 miles, but 2,000 miles in the US. Same engine so who knows why Porsche does this.

762 was the launch code for the new Boxster. Didn't know you had that in Mexico.

• 1 month later...

with just one month with my new 987, this are the things that have been replaced under warranty,

ashtray

brake sensor

spoiler mechanism

and this last friday when i picked up the car from the spoiler change, they guy in the dealer told me that theres a bunch of recalls for my car, heres the list:

front headlights have to be changed(possible condensation inside housing)

front an rear trunk latches

various parts from the convertible top mechanism.

now im getting worried, anyone has had the same problems or heard anything about this.

• 4 weeks later...

after 2 weeks with the new spoiler mechanism, finally had the chance to get the car to the open road, and again when the spoiler goes down a series of loud clicks are heard from the back, even my son said, where´s the helicopter, its not supposed to make any noise at all??? hope anyone can help me.

regards