Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sunset Imports Great place for parts!

I have ordered from sunset twice. Very good service both times.

On the second order, they called to apologize that the 18 CV retaining bolts in stock had all been allocated to other people and they hadn't checked that column when taking my order. He said he went to the bin and counted 19 bolts, did I want just 1 bolt instead of the 6 requested. They made the next day delivery of the clutch in time for my weekend install, and as it turned out, I only damaged one bolt head as I only destroyed one during removal.

I feel they did an excellent job of informing me immediately of a problem and were very professional and courteous.

• 2 weeks later...
I have ordered from sunset twice. Very good service both times.

On the second order, they called to apologize that the 18 CV retaining bolts in stock had all been allocated to other people and they hadn't checked that column when taking my order. He said he went to the bin and counted 19 bolts, did I want just 1 bolt instead of the 6 requested. They made the next day delivery of the clutch in time for my weekend install, and as it turned out, I only damaged one bolt head as I only destroyed one during removal.

I feel they did an excellent job of informing me immediately of a problem and were very professional and courteous.

How much did they charge you for the clutch?

How much did they charge you for the clutch?

Clutch kit was about $450

New creeper, 2 more jackstands, spare CV boot bolts, new plastic underbelly pieces,etc brought the DIY job to about $600-700.

If your flywheel needs replacing (from another post?) this requires a 'special' socket. It looks like about a TA65 - T75 Torx, so I would confirm the tool and order a couple of spares before disassembly. Without this wrench, I was unable to remove the pilot shaft bearing mounted in the center of the flywheel, so i had to reuse the old one.

I spent about 18 hours - 3 hours wasted on removing the muffler (not an intuitive thing) & exhaust(disconnect at the U link between the cats and the muffler) - another 2 hours wasted on removing the shifter linkage (I'd still like to know the right way) - 1 more hour spent in jacking the car because the jackstands I purchased were too tall for my jack.

The 6-speed transaxle is heavy for a small car so unless you enjoy bench pressing 100+ lbs a transmission jack is a real good thing to have - I didn't and survived somehow.

I probably saved $800-$1000 in labor charges in exchange for a full weekend spent working under my car.

I believe that this is the special tamper-proof tool:

http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=6591

Thanks. If I had the garage space I would be attacking this DIY. If and when I need a clutch again (depending on how long I keep the car); I will be doing this myself. The link you provided...is that the size for the Boxster S (16 mm)?