Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

DME/OBDII Fault P1266

clord

• Moderators

GT3 DME Fault Memory Code P1266 Function Monitoring Fuel Shut-Off.

The car stops and does not respond to the throttle...may or may not idle. Check engine light on, and OBC advises you to proceed directly to your Porsche Service Facility.......that is, if the thing will run at all.

I am aware of two '04 US GT3's that have had this fault. PCNA first recommended replacing the DME. I learned yesterday that the fault reoccurred after DME replacement. Anyone else with experience or knowledge of this failure mode?

Hmmm, I don't know if this is related or not. But when my car was sitting in Baltimore harbor for 2 months awaiting EPA approval, I got on the phone and spoke with an executive at PMNA who is responsible for dealing with the EPA. He told me there was a problem in the Bosch DME software. Apparently, for most gasoline engine cars, the EPA requires fuel to be cut/shutoff under braking/deceleration to improve emissions. However, he told me that some cars get an exemption to this, primarily diesels and some V-10s and V-12s. He said that Bosch had errantly enabled this "feature" in the GT3 software, so the fuel wasn't being cutoff under braking. Bosch was supposed to modify the software to enable the fuel cutoff under braking (this may also explain why you can't left foot brake an e-gas car) as the fix.

If this is the same fuel shut-off your OBDII code is refering to, perhaps in their rush to get a fix in for all those GT3s sitting in port, the Bosch programmers screwed up something else? Wouldn't be the first time for that to happen in a software patch.

Just a thought.

Karl

So does anyone know of a third party software company that can reprogram the gas shut off in the DME.

Because you can not left foot brake an Egas car like the GT3 hear in the US and the problems with the PCCB makes me strongly think of putting my GT3 up for sale. If you can not left foot brake a car that is designed for the track by Porsche then they have missed it. One needs to be able to check his brakes on the the track.

Edited by twisted

• Moderators

I just heard from my dealer who just heard from the regional PCNA tech rep.

He says that PAG/Germany is aware of the DME/OBDII P1266 Fault and failure mode. Further they know what is causing it and how to fix it in the DME software. A fix is in the works. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Porsche has made a change to some code in the DMEs of my car and the other car of which I am aware that have had this particular fault code, P1266. A new, pre-programmed DME arrived at my dealership Friday and was swapped into my car. PAG intends to incorporate the fix into the next release of GT3 DME code distributed by CD to those with PST2 subscriptions. When that code is installed in my dealer's PST2, PCNA has asked that my original DME be re-installed in my car and the updated code re-flashed into the original from the PST2. That way, all my engine history data in my original DME will stay with the car. Thanks to PAG and PCNA for addressing this.

• 20 years later...

The root causes of this problem is not Always the dme module.. I , like. MAny others have been chasing the p1266 code ( along with p1550 )...

Today I have located the actual cause of the problem and it has nothing to do with any module or software...

The Air Conditioning condensate drain is clogged and is pouring into the driver's side floorboard when the vehicle is turning right... 

The wiring connections under the driver door sill plate are horribly corroded and the loom was full of water... I have dried it out and used some ' QD ELECTRONICS CLEANER ' To remove the corrosion and then cleared the codes from ALL MODULES .  My MIL has not yet re-illuminated  and the vehicle is operating perfectly fine like it did over 9 months ago when the issues began to occur...  

Hope this helps someone from unloading the money-powered parts cannon at this issue. 

2006 Porsche Cayenne S ( 4.5L NA V8 )