Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

had my 99 996 in for a little paint work and to get the aerokit's side skirts properly flushed up on the sides. When purchased from the p/o it had a small gap, about 3mm, between the skirt and the rocker panel. The shop has a good reputation and seems to do good work. However, they have not been able to flush things up along the entire length. It has gotten better, but its still not the way it should be.

So, is there a trick to flushing up the skirts? They don't appear to be damaged but they certainly aren't fitting like they should from the factory. Ideas, no matter how off the wall, are appreciated. Fortunately, they aren't going to charge me until we can figure out a way to fix the problem.

• Admin
had my 99 996 in for a little paint work and to get the aerokit's side skirts properly flushed up on the sides.  When purchased from the p/o it had a small gap, about 3mm, between the skirt and the rocker panel.  The shop has a good reputation and seems to do good work.  However, they have not been able to flush things up along the entire length.  It has gotten better, but its still not the way it should be. 

So, is there a trick to flushing up the skirts?  They don't appear to be damaged but they certainly aren't fitting like they should from the factory.  Ideas, no matter how off the wall, are appreciated.  Fortunately, they aren't going to charge me until we can figure out a way to fix the problem.

When the sideskirts are done properly there should be no gap at all. That is, you can not even slide a piece of paper in the place where they meet. The later version of sideskirts Porsche sold had two-sided tape where as the early version was put on with epoxy. I think one of the complaints was that the epoxy version needed to taped and held in place for 24 hours before the car could be driven. The later version of the double sided tape does not seem to to hold as tight as the epoxy - IMHO.

Here is a picture of my factory epoxied sideskirts.

post-2-1128561338_thumb.jpg