Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Side skirt confusion for 996 Coupe...

I'm trying to determine the correct part number for the older "Cup" style side skirts to order for my 2003 996 Coupe. These are the older, more rounded skirts as compared with the newer GT3 or "Cup II" style skirts which have the razor-sharp edge.

My dealer tells me that the part numbers for the rounded "Cup" skirts are 99655998001g2x and 99655998101g2x, however he says those are only meant for cars up to MY01 and that they don't come with any mounting hardware.

The Tequipment catalog lists another number of 000-044-802-05 for what appear to be the rounded skirts for MY02 and newer cars, but the dealer is unable to find much info about them in his computer (he's going to have to check with Porsche directly on this).

For those of you who have MY02/03/04 cars who have the "Cup" rounded skirts, can you tell me what part numbers you ordered? Was any additional mounting hardware required?

Thanks in advance,

Longhorn911

• Admin

The older Aerokit Cup style side skirts are held on with epoxy using adhesive kit 000 044 000 37. The newer style Aerokit Cup II use only double-sided tape as they clip over the existing skirts.

Here is the parts list from the Aerokit Cup (older one) for just the side skirts.

Side Member Panel

Part Number Qty. Description

996 559 983 00 G2X 1 Left-hand side member panel, primed

996 559 984 00 G2X 1 Right-hand side member panel, primed

n/a 2 Retaining strip

n/a 6 Templates 1, 2 and 3; left and right (3 ea. per side)

n/a 22 Countersunk sheetmetal screw, 4.8 x 13

n/a 16 U-clip

n/a 1 Left-hand adhesive film

n/a 1 Right-hand adhesive film

n/a 2 Sheetmetal nut; St 4.8

Part numbers are not given as they are part of the larger (complete) kit.

If you need the install instructions for both kits let me know and I will email them to you.

The older Aerokit Cup style side skirts are held on with epoxy using adhesive kit 000 044 000 37. The newer style Aerokit Cup II use only double-sided tape as they clip over the existing skirts.

Here is the parts list from the Aerokit Cup (older one) for just the side skirts.

Side Member Panel

Part Number Qty. Description

996 559 983 00 G2X 1 Left-hand side member panel, primed

996 559 984 00 G2X 1 Right-hand side member panel, primed

n/a 2 Retaining strip

n/a 6 Templates 1, 2 and 3; left and right (3 ea. per side)

n/a 22 Countersunk sheetmetal screw, 4.8 x 13

n/a 16 U-clip

n/a 1 Left-hand adhesive film

n/a 1 Right-hand adhesive film

n/a 2 Sheetmetal nut; St 4.8

Part numbers are not given as they are part of the larger (complete) kit.

If you need the install instructions for both kits let me know and I will email them to you.

Wow,

Thanks for the very informative answer, Loren. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to get a copy of the install instructions for both. I'll PM you with my email address.

So I assume there is really no difference between the 99-04 cars where the skirts mount and that any of these 996 narrow body skirts (cup and cup II) will fit?

Also - any idea what the difference between the G2X part numbers you gave above and the 000-044-802-05 part number listed in the Techquipment catalog?

Finally, am I to understand that the adhesive kit (000-044-000-37) includes the retaining strip, templates, screws, u-clips, adhesive film, etc... that you list above?

Thank you very much for all the terrific info,

Longhorn911

• Admin
Also - any idea what the difference between the G2X part numbers you gave above and the 000-044-802-05 part number listed in the Techquipment catalog?

Thank you very much for all the terrific info,

Longhorn911

So I assume there is really no difference between the 99-04 cars where the skirts mount and that any of these 996 narrow body skirts (cup and cup II) will fit?
I can not say that for sure. But you need a body shop to paint them anyway so they can likely make them fit.

The numbers I gave you are the individual side skirts. You will see the full listing in the instructions I sent you.

Finally, am I to understand that the adhesive kit (000-044-000-37) includes the retaining strip, templates, screws, u-clips, adhesive film, etc... that you list above?
No. Again, you'll see (in the instructions) that the adhesive is separate from the aerokit parts.

• 6 years later...