Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone give me some ICE help?

I have been rippin my hair out wondering why the Mute & Speaker on the Handsfree kit ain't workin!

I have a CDR-22 Becker System and I already know about the 2 cables to attach to pins 13 & 14 (This aint the problem)

I think I have located the problem it's on Pin 3 (diagram attached) for recognising the Handsfree system, The original adaptor doesn't have the cable in the slot!

What colour is this cable, so I can try and locate it or does anyone know where it could be (It looks like a previous owner has had something in there as there is a few cables been taped up)

post-4270-1131927283.jpg

Does your radio display "PHONE" when you're in a call? If you're not getting any audio then you need to program the Radio. The Radio Manual will tell you exactly how to ENABLE PHONE FEATURE, you can route the audio to the left or the right side front speakers.

It should come from a 4 pin connector behind the center console for telephone prep. No idea why it is disconnected unless there was a different radio in the car at some time.

Loren, why would thid cable come from a 4pin (doesn't make sense) when it's clearly going to and 8 pin adaptor as per diagram!

Is this 4 pin that you are talking about in all cars?

Something ain't right!

Does your radio display "PHONE" when you're in a call? If you're not getting any audio then you need to program the Radio. The Radio Manual will tell you exactly how to ENABLE PHONE FEATURE, you can route the audio to the left or the right side front speakers.

Hi X, I did programme the radio but still no joy! I was wondering what was going on as the system works (power, can talk, etc) but it doesn't come through speakers or mutes the radio, so I started tracing it back and noticed that the number 3 slot cable (diagram) was missing, this is for recognising the phone system is active!

Don't know where else this cable can be!

• Admin
Loren, why would thid cable come from a 4pin (doesn't make sense) when it's clearly going to and 8 pin adaptor as per diagram!

Is this 4 pin that you are talking about in all cars?

Something ain't right!

The signal comes in through the phone prep connector and goes to the radio (Yellow/Black) wire. If you look at both the radio wiring diagram and the telephone wiring diagram you will see both ends of the Yellow/Black wire.

post-2-1131981507_thumb.jpg

Here is Gary's iPod install you can see where the connector is in the front console.

belkin7.jpg

If you need more pics from his iPod install look here.

As Loren mentioned, the Yellow/Blk Stripe is for radio mute on the 4 wire connector behind the center console. When I installed my Bluetooth, I didn't use the (3) pin off of the conn. 3, only use the pin (13) and (14) for audio input. Have you check those 2 pins to make sure they're properly inserted in the connector (1). I believe pin (13) is (+) and (14) is (-).

As Loren mentioned, the Yellow/Blk Stripe is for radio mute on the 4 wire connector behind the center console. When I installed my Bluetooth, I didn't use the (3) pin off of the conn. 3, only use the pin (13) and (14) for audio input. Have you check those 2 pins to make sure they're properly inserted in the connector (1). I believe pin (13) is (+) and (14) is (-).

So why does it not mute the radio and ring through the speakers when calling the phone, 13 & 14 are in correct position, i'm gonna take some pics, because this is completly frustrating!!!

Have you tried to ground out the pin#3 (mute) on the radio to see if the radio display "PHONE" on it. If it does then the carkit mute trigger output is too low to trigger the radio. On some car kits like SonyEricsson, you have to add a relay to make it work. Also, have you tried the Yellow/Blk wire for mute instead of pin #3?

Have you tried to ground out the pin#3 (mute) on the radio to see if the radio display "PHONE" on it. If it does then the carkit mute trigger output is too low to trigger the radio. On some car kits like SonyEricsson, you have to add a relay to make it work. Also, have you tried the Yellow/Blk wire for mute instead of pin #3?

Where is this connector (yellow/black wire) located? Because I can't see it anywhere!

Are you saying I should patch this into the empty line 3?

BTW Thanks for the help

Mucho Appreciated!

Look at Loren's Pix above, it is located behind the CD/Cassette holder. Just pop out the side panel and you'll see it. There you'll find 12+, ground, Ignition Sense and Radio Mute all in one connector.

Looking at your connectors ,it appears to me you're using the PARROT CK-300? bluetooth kit right? If so, did you ordered the kit with specific Porsche cable?

Look at Loren's Pix above, it is located behind the CD/Cassette holder. Just pop out the side panel and you'll see it. There you'll find 12+, ground, Ignition Sense and Radio Mute all in one connector.

Looking at your connectors ,it appears to me you're using the PARROT CK-300? bluetooth kit right? If so, did you ordered the kit with specific Porsche cable?

It's the Nokia kit CK-7W, cable was ordered seperately but is the correct item!