Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CCZ sport shifter option has reappeared

• Moderators

If you want to speak to a Porsche salesman that knows his stuff them call Bob Stewart at Stevens Porsche in San Jose 408-244-5400. This dealership also puts on a tech session for us each year. I have been bugging Bob about the mysterious sport shifter option, CCZ.

It was listed in the preliminary order guide, but deleted in the official guide. When it was listed it was under custom tailoring and deviation. To me that meant it was a cosmetic option, but some people said it was a short shifter.

Then we know a few weeks ago Porsche came out with a short shifter kit that is identical to the B&M kit that is mounted in the shift tower. Now it looks like you can get the short shifter as a factory installed option.

If you did not know, the Porsche sales staff has their own message board. As an option they say it reduces the throw by 35%. The TSB which explains how to put it in says by 37%. Now there are going to be questions about the 'missing' 2%. :D

Here is Bob's email. Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Option CZZ has appeared in the Order Guides as published on the salesmen's web site today:

CZZ Sports Shifter

Reduces the throw by 35%

Note: Increased shifting effort

So there you have it, MYSTERY SOLVED!

Later,

Bob Stewart

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -

Bob said the CCZ option is $790.  Can't wait to I see a car with this option with my own eyes and verify exactly what it is.  $790 for a $200 B&M short shift does not sound right.  Jeff

As my son likes to point out, everything that says Porsche on it is very expensive... :cursing:

• Moderators

A local 2003 C4S owner has ordered the new Porsche short shift and will be picking it up from our local dealer on Monday. He wants us to put it in. Now I will get to see if there are any differences with the B&M except for the color and Porsche logo. Anyone in the San Jose area with an uninstalled B&M please contact me. I will put the 2 units side by side and take pictures.

I have looked at the 3 TSBs issued for the shift that covers all Porsche sport car models except the GT3. The only difference is the Boxster TSB which says to remove the passenger seat???? Having done at least 20 Boxster B&M installs there is no reason to remove the seat.

There is no mention of the green plate that B&M says to remove. I never understood why the B&M instructions say to remove it if it is present.

The Porsche time units to put it in is 130. Except the Boxster is 150 time units, or 90 minutes, due to the seat removal. Our DVD of 2 installs side-by-side on 2 cars, from the start to the test drive at the end, is 54 minutes. And that is with a lot of time explaining to the camera what we are doing.

DVD_single_B_M.jpg