Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

“S” Instrument Cluster Upgrade

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know about possibilities of replacing instrument cluster in Cayenne S on cluster from Turbo (w/ multicolor LCD central sector)?

Have anybody seen this upgrade done?

Thanks!

Alex.

Alex,

Yes it can work, but the boost obviously won't function because the CS does not have a turbo. I heard from other forums that there are some minor adjustments that need to be made, but nothing too hindering or serious to yank it back out and put the stock S back. Most if not all have been successful transplants.

I am doing the upgrade as well, and will post some pics and procedures when finished

GA Im in the process of getting this done, i will let you know by next week. Ive seen my buddies do the swap before, so its' not that much of a problem, but ill document to show you guys

Does anyone know about possibilities of replacing instrument cluster in Cayenne S on cluster from Turbo (w/ multicolor LCD central sector)?

Have anybody seen this upgrade done?

Thanks!

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this?

:jump:

Alright guys, sorry for the late post, but I have finished and let me say......

LCD Turbo Instrument gauge Cluster rocks! hahahah

I installed it myself, and it worked. and to answer the ongoing question YES you can swap a Turbo gauge cluster with an S cluster. Everything is pretty much the same, except that your milage indicator and clock is all consolidated on the LCD screen, and believe me, it's a site for sore eyes! , and oh if your cayenne does not have some items such as TPM , then you'll get a forever lights on alarm, but otherwise, everything works, i tested it and its' great. And the obvious thing is the boost gauge will never work since if you are installing this on a regular or an S , then obviously , you don't have turbos to utilize it!

I am going to have a write up with pictures on the DIY area, so hope this answers everyone's questions!

I'm gonna have my victory lunch right now, and savor looking at the LCD screen hahah!

• Admin

Any updates on this?

I installed it myself, and it worked. and to answer the ongoing question YES you can swap a Turbo gauge cluster with an S cluster. Everything is pretty much the same, except that your milage indicator and clock is all consolidated on the LCD screen, and believe me, it's a site for sore eyes! , and oh if your cayenne does not have some items such as TPM , then you'll get a forever lights on alarm, but otherwise, everything works, i tested it and its' great. And the obvious thing is the boost gauge will never work since if you are installing this on a regular or an S , then obviously , you don't have turbos to utilize it!

I am going to have a write up with pictures on the DIY area, so hope this answers everyone's questions!

I'm gonna have my victory lunch right now, and savor looking at the LCD screen hahah!

Pictures please?

Any updates on this?

Pictures please?

Hey Loren

they're up! Enjoy!

Awesome!!! You still had to have the cluster programmed by PS2T once you had it installed

didn't you? I'm glad it worked :D

Hey scaledine

It worked right out of the box. I didn't have PS2T to reprogram anything! The only thing you have to do is the obviuos programming you have to do yourself (i.e. chaninging Units, Comfort, etc. on the cluster\)

• Admin
May I know how much does it cost to buy the cluster brand new? Will the navigation remain works on the center console?
MSRP on a Cayenne Turbo cluster is $1792.21 (as of February 2006). I'm sure Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost (see link above) can get you one for much less.

May I know how much does it cost to buy the cluster brand new? Will the navigation remain works on the center console?

Yes the Navgation will work on the LCD center console. I tested it several weeks ago when I was strolling around town in Long Beach, California, an area im not too familiar with, and we were looking for a Brazilian BBQ place, low and behold, the center console worked, arrows and all after i input the destination for the nav to search for.

MSRP on a Cayenne Turbo cluster is $1792.21 (as of February 2006). I'm sure Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost (see link above) can get you one for much less.

You got the part #?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

great form... i love it

and my 2005 cayenne modied V6 to look like turbo

:)

is the turbo cluster and easy upgrade for the V6 i know cluster is same as "S" Correct? also are there DIY arts for the cluster removal

let me know....

thanks marco

PS If anyone knows about chip ECU tunning on V6 it would be awsome !!

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys

great form... i love it

and my 2005 cayenne modied V6 to look like turbo

:)

is the turbo cluster and easy upgrade for the V6 i know cluster is same as "S" Correct? also are there DIY arts for the cluster removal

let me know....

thanks marco

PS If anyone knows about chip ECU tunning on V6 it would be awsome !!

thanks

NEW JUST PUT MY CLUSTER IN BUT GOT QUESTION

okay few questions..

just put my turbo cluster in it looks really cool.

but on the menu the only thing thats wierd is the settigns in COMFORT is the only option that is in Capital letters and is all smushed at the top cutting off the letters any ideas on why that could be when the rest of it is fine?

Also can my dealer reset my cluster to my miles on my old cluster will they and/or can they do that?

please let me know really gotta do those things

BUT I DO LOVE THE COLOR SCREEN

:D