Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help Hose decentigrating

Can anyone help me to get the part numbers or even identify a hose on my 99 C2. I will describe and try and get pics of it. The hose looks as though it had suffered and earthquake, there is the obvious crack line but it looks as though the rubber has been cooked and started to shrink and peel away. Kinda like when you see people paint their cars where it looks like the metal has been ripped by something. I'll try and get good pics. I know I was reading throught the DIY (researching coolant tank problems as I was told there was an issue with them)and saw something with a diagram of the hoses but of course now I cannot find it. OK I do not know how to load pics so here the in depth discription. This hose is 2" dia. from where it starts on the bottom of the motor it comes off what appears to the thermostat housing up to the frame wher it appears to become a approx. a 3/4"- 1" hose then it expands back into to a 2" hose that you see as a 90 elbow behin the intake snorkel and the black plastic thing that is in front of the coolant resevoir, well it the turns again and runs under the resivoir back to wwhat appears to be a fixed metal pipe that goes through the firewall?

Thanks in advance and I hope your New Years doesn't reveal to you what mine is to me!

Edited by ViolaGT3

Model?

Year?

Hi I edited it to show and I'll reply also It is a 99 C2. You're The Loren I keep seeing everywhere, Thanks for your assistance looks like you really know your way around a Porsche. I'm gonna try and pick it up as soon as I can hopefully on my own terms not by emergency repair like this could of been. Anyways eager to hear your thought's. Jim

• Admin

If your tank and cap have never been changed then I would include them as suspect also. Some of the early MY99 cars had some hose clamp problems too. A picture of the bad hose and location will certainly help - cause there are a lot of hoses on these cars.

If your tank and cap have never been changed then I would include them as suspect also. Some of the early MY99 cars had some hose clamp problems too. A picture of the bad hose and location will certainly help - cause there are a lot of hoses on these cars.

Well I have put the pics in my yahoo. photo album as I really don't know any other way to do them.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sin7_2000/al...m/ph//my_photos