Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help Installing an Eclipse AVN 2454 nav/dvd/cd in 99 c2 tiptronic

Hello all,

Planning on putting this unit in my 99 c2 tiptronic.

Does anyone know here the speed sensor wire is or the speed sensor itself (or if the car even has one)

Has anyone had to find this wire in installing this or other units?

does anyone have any guidance on actually doing the install (from experience or otherwise!)

thanks in advance!

-Dipak

Hello all,

Planning on putting this unit in my 99 c2 tiptronic.

Does anyone know here the speed sensor wire is or the speed sensor itself (or if the car even has one)

Has anyone had to find this wire in installing this or other units?

does anyone have any guidance on actually doing the install (from experience or otherwise!)

thanks in advance!

-Dipak

Hi, never did it with a 911 before but yea I have done a few. It is a pretty basic thing much like hooking up a power antenna line or amplifier turn on lead. Your unit should measure the output from the wire and adjust the sound of the unit to compensate for that lovely engine purring. Myself I would just skip it and enjoy the sound of the engine! I'm not sure if my stereo adjusts to the speed, but if you know yours did then you'll already have the wire there at the head-unit. Nonethe less I'm sure as soon as everyone sobers up someone will help you out as the wire is in the 911's somewhere as they have speed adjusting power steering. Good luck and this would probably be something cool to get pics of and set up a DIY on Happy New Year!

Hi, never did it with a 911 before but yea I have done a few. It is a pretty basic thing much like hooking up a power antenna line or amplifier turn on lead. Your unit should measure the output from the wire and adjust the sound of the unit to compensate for that lovely engine purring. Myself I would just skip it and enjoy the sound of the engine! I'm not sure if my stereo adjusts to the speed, but if you know yours did then you'll already have the wire there at the head-unit. Nonethe less I'm sure as soon as everyone sobers up someone will help you out as the wire is in the 911's somewhere as they have speed adjusting power steering. Good luck and this would probably be something cool to get pics of and set up a DIY on Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Since it's a NAV unit that he wants to install the speed signal (grey/pink wire) needs to be hooked up for reasonable accuracy. As you said the signal should already be there in the DIN plug behind the current radio.

Otherwise look here:

Thorsten

Edited by toddel68

You guys are great

thanks for the information.

one if the installer who was going to do this said that for the porsche i need to buy a separate $200 speed sensor- this did not make a lot fo sense to me.

at any rate, after i thought about it for a bit- I will likely be taking it to the local porsche stereo shop that I trust (Hurley's in McLean, VA)

They put in my other stereo (planet audio amps, focal 5ws subs, focal polyglass mids/tweeter) so i need to make sure it all "mates" well

Plus i am sure i will need some custrom trim parts to make it all look oem.

i will post pics as soon as it is done!

thank again!