Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hey all!!!

I'd like to start off by applauding Loren for the terrific new technical site!!! NICE!!!

My first post:

How often should I bleed the brake system? I am running stock calipers and rotors, but, ATE Super Blue Fluid and Pagid Orange Pads. I hit all the DE sessions (about 12 days per year) and all the AutoCrosses (about 10). The car is also a semi-everyday car, I put about 15,000 miles on a year. How often should I bleed the system? Can I do this at home without a lift? Loren, what are your thoughts?

Great site!! :D :D :eek: :cheers: :clapping: , hahaha, cool!!

• Admin

Thanks for the site comments... :D

IMHO... It's not about bleeding it about changing the brake fluid. High temps can cause brake fluid to break down and absorb moisture. When the moisture in the fluid gets hot it vaporizes and become a gas... not good for braking performance. Depending on the number of hot laps at a DE I would suggest every 2-4 events and DE's are the toughest on brakes. Brake fluid is cheap (about $12 liter) and changing it is only about an hour once you get the hang of it. A lot of folks go back and forth with the ATE Gold and ATE Super Blue that way they can easily tell when they have bleed through the system. Both ATE Gold and ATE Super Blue have the same chemical properties so there is no advantage to one over the other (a misconception by some since ATE call Super Blue "Racing" fluid). There are several other brake fluids on the market so use what you feel comfortable with. If you want to protect your warranty then make sure use a DOT 4 brake fluid (not DOT 3 or DOT 5 synthetics).

You won't need a lift (although if you had access to one it would make it faster). You just need to jack up each corner at a time. See my DIY for the exact bleeding sequence and don't forget there are 2 bleed screws on each caliper (total of 8 per car).

Hey all!!!

I'd like to start off by applauding Loren for the terrific new technical site!!!  NICE!!!

My first post:

How often should I bleed the brake system?  I am running stock calipers and rotors, but, ATE Super Blue Fluid and Pagid Orange Pads.  I hit all the DE sessions (about 12 days per year) and all the AutoCrosses (about 10).  The car is also a semi-everyday car, I put about 15,000 miles on a year.  How often should I bleed the system?  Can I do this at home without a lift?  Loren, what are your thoughts?

Great site!! :D  :D  :eek:  :cheers:  :clapping: , hahaha, cool!!

Unitah,

How do you find the pagids on the street.

doug

I love the pagids, definitely better then stock all around. I put on the pads this past winter, so have experiance with them in the cold (snow) and the 100 degree temps here a few days ago. THey are great. No fade at all, much better bite, and better, "crisper" feel. That is the only way I can describe the difference. In terms of noise, nothing to speak of. Every now and then, I get a little squeek, but I like it, its almost as if the car is saying hello, haha. Pagid blacks make a lot more noise, the orange are fine. If you'd like more info, just ask...