Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PSE Installation -- Help with vacuum set up (Long)

Hi Loren,

I am in the process of installing the complete PSE with full electronics myself and need some help. :help: Specifically, TSB Step 1.32 of the PSE install -- I need Technical Manual, Group 2, 24 46 37, Page 24-5

So far I installed the mufflers and 90% of the electronics. I received the kit #000-044-200-19 for the 2003 C2 and thought it came complete with the switch. Well, it didn't, and I just ordered the switch which should arrive by Monday the 29th.

Regarding the electronics, I still have to tap the Red/Blue wire to the B10 fuse wire, install the switch in the dash, and (the fun part :eek: ) run the two wires from the relay carrier 1 to the back of the car, drill a hole, and place the wires into the engine compartment.

So while I'm waiting for the switch, I decided to move onto the vacuum part. I am concerned about the TSB regarding removal of the throttle with intermediate parts and both rubber sleeves (Step 1.32); TSB refers to Technical Manual, Group 2, 24 46 37, Page 24-5.

After I remove the air intake system, it looks like I can simply remove the throttle body bolts and the two sleeves on each side. Since this is a drive-by-wire system, do I need to reset the throttle body once I put everything back? (I hope not because I don't have a PST 2). :(

Lastly, are there any wiring diagrams/schematic for the PSE? I am curious to see what the wires/relay actually do.

Any information will be extremely appreciated! This request is a bit technical, but I hope you have it.

BTW, the mufflers sound awesome. I kinda wonder why I'm doing this but it's a fun project overall.

Regards,

Eric

• Admin

You've got mail...

There are no schematics that show the PSE function. The speedometer A wire signals the relay when the car is between and 35 and 45 MPH. The relay then moves a solenoid in the engine compartment that switches the vacuum valve on each muffler causing the flap to move and no longer bypass that section of the muffler. If the speed exceeds 45 MPH the relay opens the exhaust valves again. Using the switch you can override the speedometer link and have quiet at any time you want or do a complete bypass that will have quiet only when the switch is on.

Thanks, Loren, for the quick reply.

I hope to have everything working by early next week. I'll repost once it's completed.

p.s. I did not install the Speedo A wire (Grey/Pink wire to jumper plug 1/1 (slot 23)) so the system should not cut out between 35 and 45 mph. (I hope)

A little project for the long weekend :D . I'm going to install the full setup complete with the switch. The PSE comes with all the stuff so I might as well use it.... :clapping:

Edited by dj996

Thanks for the TSB Eric, but I'm going to retreat to higher ground for the time being. I had the whole back of the car torn apart but when it came to dropping the engine down to remove the intake I decided to pull back and re-evaluate. This is very typical of Porsche to do everything as complicated as possible, but I'm of German decent so I understand :D .

What would happen if I just hooked the PSE straight off engine vacum without any electronics? It would be pretty simple to T a vacum source off one of the vacum lines in situ and run it straight to the vacum modulated valves on the mufflers. Would it be analogous to the old Holley 4 bbl with vacum secondaries that opened up at full throttle with a change in vacum?

Edited by dj996

• 2 weeks later...