Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does my 04 40th ann c2 have the sport sup? What is the normal measurement from the bottom of the front wheel to the fender? The sway bars are 19r& 23F and the shocks have a gray dot on them. The schocks are labeled the front says "c2sportcoupe" and the rear says "911 40 ann" thanks Carl

• Admin

The order guide says "Sport chassis with more rigidly tuned springs, shock absorbers and stabilizer bars.".

The rear shocks are the only items with a different part number from the "US Sport" parts. A green dot usually IDs a sport shock. I do not know what the gray dot is. Is that only on the rear shocks?

Carl

FYI - I have fitted the X74 suspension to my vehicle and the measured height from the floor to the front fender lip was 650mm with a full tank of gas.

My swaybars measured 20 + 24mm.

I measured this after having travelled only 400Km with the suspension so it may have droped a little with a little more settling in. I'll measure it again tonight when I'm home as the car now has around 1800Km on the clock.

Note that the X74 kit is lower than the standard 030 type option.

Edited by ZX7R

The gray dot is on the front also. Also this thing feels a lot slower than my 02 m3 and it has 345hp pushing 3100 lbs. My m3 has 333 and 3450 to push. Both have the same tourqe . What gives? I had a 96 993tt and that was a rocket. For the last year I also have had a 02 Zo6 that is almost as fast as the tt was. Will the 996 get quicker when it louseens up? How long will it take? Is the X51 really quicker? thanks carl

the gray dot is on the front and the rear. Also why does this thing feel so much slower than my 02 m3

(Edited our white space - Loren)

Edited by Loren