Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Vortech Supercharger

Hello, I'm not familiar with that particular kit, but I am with Turbo and supercharger kits in general. Both types of kits increase torque and horsepower by pressureizing the intake tract forcing more air/fuel mixture into the cylinder than can be drawn in under normal unaided conditions. This essentially dramatically increases the compression ratio and stress loads on most all internal parts. The cylinder head, liners or walls, connecting rods, crankshaft, all related bearings, valves and other parts are loaded well beyond their original designed parameters.

Factory boosted motors are usually lower compression initially and built to deal with these extreme conditions and are built much more robust than a simular naturally aspirated one. In my opinion you may enjoy the excess power but you would be much better off buying the factory Turbo model, or if cost is no object, buy a turbo motor and fit the surpercharger as the lower end and related parts will handle the additional loads.

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has installed and used the Vortech Supercharger by VF Engineering on their cars? Any reviews would be appreciated.....is it worth spending $10,000?

Thanks,

Samvit

Haven't heard nothing about VF and maybe they are good but, I would go with someone who's been S/C Porsche for a long time and is trusted in the Porsche community. For about the same price you can have these guys install a kit in your car. I plan on have my car S/C by these guys when warranty runs out.

Evolution Motorsports - EVO

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has installed and used the Vortech Supercharger by VF Engineering on their cars? Any reviews would be appreciated.....is it worth spending $10,000?

Thanks,

Samvit

Haven't heard nothing about VF and maybe they are good but, I would go with someone who's been S/C Porsche for a long time and is trusted in the Porsche community. For about the same price you can have these guys install a kit in your car. I plan on have my car S/C by these guys when warranty runs out.

an evo kit IS vf.

Hi,

Thanks,

Samvit

an evo kit IS vf

Doh! I wasn't even paying attention! :eek: