Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have an '03 cab and love the Carrera rear spoiler. The MASHAW is less than half the price of the OEM. I've heard good things about them. What are your opinions on them?

They sell the spoiler with the wiring harness to disconnect the spoiler light. If I take the car to a bodyshop that has never removed the automatic spoiler, should I be concerned? Is it a difficult job?

The MASHAW does not come with the cover for the existing third brake light. Is there such a part? Part number?

TIA

Eric

Guest Guest_DarrenNY

Eric - here is the kicker - they changed the bolt pattern under the decklid for 2003 - I bought a factory spoiler that was from an 02 and it had nowhere to bolt into - only the bottom bolts had spots- my body shop had to make some aluminum brakets to hold the spoiler in place! Make sure you buy a factory tail for an 03 or see if mikle shaw knows about this!

Darren,

I read your post about this. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not dealing with very sophisticated body shops up here in NH, so the simpler the better. If it's not going to be easy, I'm not going to bother dealing with it.

Eric

I have now removed three spoilers and installed two factory ones. The factory ones fit perfect. Aftermarket ones mmmm... Porsche changed the pattern on the deckl;id sometime between the 99 model and 2001 model also so some aftermarket dont just bolt on like they say!! You would have to cut or modify the decklid mounts!! I'm not sure I want to do this...

Eric, the part number for the plastic plug used to cover the cover the factory rear center mounted tail light is: (doesn't come with black lettering. I painted mine)

DSC00227.sized.jpg

This one was easy. The lettering on the insert is slightly raised. I just took a black magic marker, (the indelible kind) and gently covered the top of the lettering. It's a 30 minute deal. :D

• 6 months later...

hey guys,

anyone experienced with TT rear spoiler from MASHAW but on a Cabrio?

996TurboCarrera.jpg

and a more complete pics of the 996 with this rear spoiler would be greatful!

what I know ist that, this TT rear wing can either be down or up, not like the factory speedsensing.

then the question, what about the downforce with such a spoiler with the uper wing down compare to the standard spoiler, is it enough downforce for stability over 200km?

cheers,

Tony

Edited by alter_schwede

then the question, what about the downforce with such a spoiler with the uper wing down compare to the standard spoiler, is it enough downforce for stability over 200km?

Hey Tony,

the downforce should be sufficient, since... well... it is usually installed on a car that goes over 300.

A TT spoiler for the narrow body is also available at RUF (in Germany).

http://www.ruf-automobile.de

I also love the sideskirts of the RUF-turbo, which I now have installed on my car, too.

porsche.jpg

Edited by Martin J.S.

yeah, read a little bit more about it and the RUF rear RTurbo spoiler are speedsensed and the upper wing will rais automatic upon a certain speed.

but the TT rear spoiler from MASHAW, the upper wing is manual set to either being In our Raised!

My question is still, will it be suffienced enough if the upper wing is down during 285km?

cheers,

Tony

My question is still, will it be suffienced enough if the upper wing is down during 285km?

Ah, okay... now I got your question. I misunderstood it in the first place.

Hmmm... I doubt that the downforce with the upper wing down will be sufficient. Better not experiment with that. I would go for a speed triggered solution.

• 1 month later...

Here's some numbers on misc exterior RUF parts from Weissach:

R96 500 505 00 Front spoiler Mod. -2001 for 996-C2 $1550.00 USD

R96 500 506 00 Rear bumper for 996-C2 $1650.00 USD

R96 500 512 00 Rear Spoiler for 996-C2 $2088.00 USD

R96 500 560 00 Side skirts made of ABS for 996-C2 $888.00 USD

All parts will work for C2 996's up to MY 2001.

• 2 weeks later...

B) Don do you have directions on how you got back to the rear brake light to install the block off plug? Mine came in and I don't want to tear anything up!

(BTW I am painting mine the negative of yours.. Black with Porsche painted in silver!) :cheers: Jim