Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I Made A Thing (for a 996 Targa)

If you have a 996 Targa you'll know that the little rubber piece that covers the rear glass' latch tends to degrade and fall apart. I designed a replacement piece that you can 3D print. Just make sure that you use PETG or ABS plastic so it doesn't melt when your car is sitting out in the sun. I'll probably get some filler primer and some matte black paint to make it match the rest of the trim, but I think it turned out pretty well.

I don't know how much a genuine replacement costs, but it was a fun little exercise for me. smile.gif

Download for FREE here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3287876

Enjoy!

2018-12-15_19-02-11.jpg

2018-12-15_19-05-41.jpg

2018-12-15_19-03-26.jpg

2018-12-15_19-04-17.jpg

Edited by Fixxxer
I added a photo or four.
  • Like 1

Thanks!

If you already have a 3D printer and filament, it's really only a few cents worth of material to print.

If anyone here needs one, I'll happily make one for them for the cost of shipping.  Only takes about an hour to print.

Edited by Fixxxer

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Andrew911 said:

Any chance of something like this being created for the hole where the rear seat belts come out?  I'm wanting to do a rear seat and seatbelt delete in my targa and would like something to plug those.

Hmm.  I could certainly give it a try, but it'll have to wait until I can pull out one of my rear belts to get the measurements.  I'll let you know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, Fixxxer said:

Thanks!

If you already have a 3D printer and filament, it's really only a few cents worth of material to print.

If anyone here needs one, I'll happily make one for them for the cost of shipping.  Only takes about an hour to print.

Fixxxer - Could you make me one and send it to me.  I'm happy to pay for shipping