Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sirius Installation Instructions - Porsche 997 C2S

• Admin

Sirius Installation Instructions - Porsche 997 C2S

The following is provided by one of our Contributing Members. Sirius Installation Instructions - Porsche 997 C2S For Car With BOSE But No NAV Or CD Changer DISCLAIMER: PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK- YOU WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND YOU MAY RISK CAUSING DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE FOR WHICH YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. BACKGROUND: This installation was performed on a C2S model with the latest PCM software, the Bose audio option but no CD changer or NAV option installed. These instructions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have read conflicting posts and order info (Sunset which has a with/without CD changer option) on which kit to order if no CD changer is present. If there is no CD changer order the kit that indicates with CD changer? . There's a y connector in the with CD kit thats needed?. I have a system with NAV, no CD changer

Thanks, probably beaten to death but unclear.

I have read conflicting posts and order info (Sunset which has a with/without CD changer option) on which kit to order if no CD changer is present. If there is no CD changer order the kit that indicates with CD changer? . There's a y connector in the with CD kit thats needed?. I have a system with NAV, no CD changer

Thanks, probably beaten to death but unclear.

I've read every post I could find and my concensus is that you need to order the kit WITH cd changer, even if you don't have one, because you need the Y connector.

I ordered mine like that. Should get it next week.

Well, I did my install last night, following the directions as listed above. I can confirm all is working. Took me about 2 1/2 hours. A good chunk of that time spent unbundling the wires that come taped up in the kit.

I never did find the "available rubber grommet" that's mentioned, so I routed the wires up and the back down into the storage compartment. Looks like I need to drill a small hole, so I'll go back and do that later.

I think I'm also going to mount the antenna according to the other directions, by removing the cowl and screwing it in properly. I'm not getting the best reception, so I think it must not be in there straight. If I can do all the other steps, I'm sure I can remove the cowl and mount properly.

Well, I re-arranged the antenna, putting it in a slightly different spot, and used velcro to secure it to the top of the cowl so that it remains perfectly horizontal. The reception is much, much better. Barely dropped out at all on a dense, tree lined street.

Sounds better than expected.

I tried to secure it with a screw to the cowl, but for the life of me, I could not figure out how to get the cowl off. I followed the instructions I found elsewhere, but when it came to disconnect the washer lines / power, I couldnt' figure out how to get them disconnected (or where to perform the disconnection). On top of that, I'm not sure I knew how to pull the cowl out from under the hood. Any ideas on these last 2 steps?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies for cross-posting between threads, but I need to complete my install tomorrow morning so I need answers semi-ASAP. I'm retrofitting Nav, Changer, and Sirius all at the same time and my last big question is where the Sirius unit fits in the MOST path. Without Sirius, the path is PCM -> Amp -> Changer ->Navigation so where in there would the Sirius unit fit? Thanks!

Apologies for cross-posting between threads, but I need to complete my install tomorrow morning so I need answers semi-ASAP. I'm retrofitting Nav, Changer, and Sirius all at the same time and my last big question is where the Sirius unit fits in the MOST path. Without Sirius, the path is PCM -> Amp -> Changer ->Navigation so where in there would the Sirius unit fit? Thanks!

Just got back from getting everything coded at the local dealer and it looks like I was correct in my assumption that the MOST path should be PCM -> Amp -> Changer ->Sirius -> Sat-Navigation.

My only question is why isn't the artist/song information displayed on the "Main" screen? (I have to go to Info->Radio Text to see the information). Anyone have any idea here?

Just got back from getting everything coded at the local dealer and it looks like I was correct in my assumption that the MOST path should be PCM -> Amp -> Changer ->Sirius -> Sat-Navigation.

My only question is why isn't the artist/song information displayed on the "Main" screen? (I have to go to Info->Radio Text to see the information). Anyone have any idea here?

I had the same question. The PCM manual for the Cayenne with SAT says that is the only place to get information about the artist and song is to go to info. The main screen only shows the station name. Still better than hooking up via a RF modulator.

• 2 months later...

I really love black metal with Sci-Fi atmosphere, like DHG obvious they are geniuses, Thorns and many more. Sirius is very much in the vein of Emperor, Limbonic Art which is pretty cool but not really my style. I still like this sort of thing every now and then. The Sideral Mirror song for example, if i closed my eyes id swear its Limbonic Art hehe. But its all good.