Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PSE vacuum problem

can someone explain to me how the vacuum for the PSE works ?

I ám into do the full installation of the PSE and not sure how it works and how to do.

I have checked on my car and I have a connection nipple on my right rubber sleeve next to the throttle body, can I use this one ?

post-7924-1137355712_thumb.jpg

• Admin

First follow the instructions in your donation reply email.

Then got the the Current TSB section - choose Carrera (996) and then look for TSB 2601 Sport Exhaust System (dated June 9, 2000) -- if you have the older small tube PSE. If you have the later large tube PSE then use TSB 2601 Exhaust System/Sports Exhaust System (dated May 23, 2003).

can someone explain to me how the vacuum for the PSE works ?

I ám into do the full installation of the PSE and not sure how it works and how to do.

I have checked on my car and I have a connection nipple on my right rubber sleeve next to the throttle body, can I use this one ?

It would appear from your picture that the connection nipple on that sleeve is already in use. In the kit that comes with the PSE, there is a sleeve with a nipple that is designed to replace an existing sleeve with no nipple. On my car, the sleeve on the right had no nipple and I was able to replace it with the sleeve in the kit. If the sleeve on the left side does not have a nipple, I believe it can be replaced with the one from the kit (someone correct me if I am wrong).

If I remember the instructions correctly, if both sleeves already have nipples in use, the next step is to drop the engine enough to get access to one of the more forward sleeves.

It would appear from your picture that the connection nipple on that sleeve is already in use. In the kit that comes with the PSE, there is a sleeve with a nipple that is designed to replace an existing sleeve with no nipple. On my car, the sleeve on the right had no nipple and I was able to replace it with the sleeve in the kit. If the sleeve on the left side does not have a nipple, I believe it can be replaced with the one from the kit (someone correct me if I am wrong).

If I remember the instructions correctly, if both sleeves already have nipples in use, the next step is to drop the engine enough to get access to one of the more forward sleeves.

Correct me if I am wrong but droping the engine you have to do to get to the tuning pipe (infront of the throttlebody) and the rubber sleeves. I hope that my left sleeve has no connector so i can use the PSE connector

/Magnus

Correct me if I am wrong but droping the engine you have to do to get to the tuning pipe (infront of the throttlebody) and the rubber sleeves. I hope that my left sleeve has no connector so i can use the PSE connector

/Magnus

Yup, if the sleaves that are attached to the intake distributor both have nipples on them, you will have to resort to getting access to the sleeves from the tuning pipe. Apparently, the latter isn't such an easy task since there's no working room and hence requires the engine to be dropped.

A solution to this is to merely bypass the whole step and use one of the existing nipples that were already present on one of the original "nippled" sleeves. You can "T" off and go from there as per the instructions for the PSE vacuum hookup.

Orient Express has done this. Here's a link to how he has done it.

http://www.funcarsonline.com/ubbthreads/sh...0/page/0#108035

Starting from the very first picture of the PSE box, count down to the seventh and eighth pictures. You will see what he has done. With this method, you can skip the whole intake distributor removal process. Kudos to Orient Express!

I don't know why Porsche would try to designate a sole vacuum source strictly for the PSE. Perhaps they believe that the PSE requires more vacuuum. However, given that the PSE does have a tank reservior and that it does have it's own check valve, I don't quite readily see the need for it to have its own source - it won't be utilizing the vacuum unless you hit the switch to turn it off (QUIET). Remember that the valves themselves on the mufflers are always in the default "LOUD" position, hence, no vacuum used.

Hope this helps!