Jump to content

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to subscribe or donate. All subscriptions and donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual subscription or donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you subscribe RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's quality Porsche information at a low cost.

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by subscribing or donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PAULSPEED

Contributing Members
  • Posts

    1,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by PAULSPEED

  1. I think it's if someone shot a load of water thru your air filter. Paul
  2. I once read a real good DIY on how to paint your calipers red. It sounds like your dimensions might be smaller. Paul
  3. The brake pads are bigger on the S. When I order bakes, I need to tell them that it is for an S car. I have plenty of pads so I just measured them and here are the numbers. The Front ones should measure 5 1/2" and the rears are 4 3/4" inches. Good luck. The hardest part of doing the brakes is removing the wheel. Paul
  4. I once read that the heater and the air conditioner work at the same time. Maybe the settings are not right on the heater side. Is there any difference in auto mode verses manual mode? Paul
  5. Try Oklahoma Foreign. Keep calling them every month. They move alot of parts. http://www.oklahomaforeign.com/ Paul
  6. I think the junction you need is on the passenger side near the front area of the transmission. Here is a picture. Item 17 is the starter. Paul
  7. Sound like you have eliminated the air and the electrical. All that is left is the fuel pump and lines. The only fuel filter is in the pump. Maybe the pump needs to warm up before it starts working right. You could exam the pump or you could measure the pressure in the lines. Last would be the fuel injectors. I had to replace them on my Nissan. They had plastic caps that would crack. Paul
  8. The air filter is a pain but then that are why these cars are special. Touch your maf sensor when you get it apart and make sure that it does not feel stickie. Wipe it off with a paper towel. Paul
  9. The tires should read the same because they are both 18". If you went with 19" then maybe it would change. The 235 number is the width of tread. The 35 is the aspect ratio of the side of the tire. What I do is go to tirerack.com. I then print out the price and go to the tire store. I tell them that I will buy the tires and have them put them on. They then make some good deals. I do not know where the speedometer gets its input. Paul
  10. Sounds more like a simple air filter. The light comes on when I have the oiled filter in and it is cold and wet. Put a new paper filter in and the light goes away. Are you running an oil filter? Paul
  11. By removing the front wheel drive shaft, you will reduce the amount of moving parts and increase torque to the rear wheels. Removing the front differential will reduce weight there by increasing power (weight to horsepower). I do not think you will notice any difference unless you take your car to the track. I think you would only shave about 10 seconds around a 2.5 mile race track. This is not worth all the work. The only benefit I could see would be removing the front axles. This would save you from replacing 4 CV boots should they crack. All CV boots crack with time. Paul
  12. I like you gages. Paul
  13. Here is a DIY. http://p-car.com/diy/alugauges/ Paul
  14. This is for an older car but it should get you started. http://p-car.com/diy/sus/ Paul
  15. You will need to remove the intake manifold to install a new sensor. You can not bend the sensor or it will break. Look for a lose connection. I think it is on the passenger side of the motor. Paul
  16. Dis-connecting the battery will only loose your radio settings and how you drive. All the other codes stay in the car. Paul
  17. Sounds like something slid between the brake caliper and the wheel. Look for marks in the inner front wheels. Paul
  18. It is standard parts for your car. You can find them on the porsche website. Just download the pdf and go thru the pdf. This is a good starting source for parts. http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/originalparts/originalpartscatalogue/ Paul
  19. Part 31 is the box. Part 32 is the screw that holds the box. Paul
  20. Here is a site for gages. www.nhspeedometer.com Paul
  21. The guy who told you not to use it should also told you what to use. The best stuff in the world to use is vaseline. It is a petroleum product that is made when coverting oil to gasoline. I use this stuff but it requires a rag to wipe off the excess. Paul
  22. The TRG race shop runs 18" tires on their race cars. You will need to be more detailed on the 18" wheels you want to buy. I would find the wheel you want and then ask the experts at Tirerack.com This is their business. Paul
  23. Is there a difference between the two? Paul
  24. Maybe a squirt of WD-40 will do the trick. Paul
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.