Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Oops

• Moderators

Went to my local dealer at lunch time to chat with the people I know. Told me to look in the back lot at a 2004 turbo that just came off the truck. Still had the plastic wrap and foam. I shot through the window as I did not have time for them to find the keys.

What is wrong with this picture?

post-4-1074292145_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

No fair. You must have been to AB today.

Made it out of the factory and PDI like that. It is a special order and I wonder what the owner thinks about German quality. I teased them that it may not have a turbo motor. So it sits in the back lot until it can be figured out what to do.

• Moderators
Did it have Xenons? 

After I saw the steering wheel I walked around the car to see if I could see anything else out of order. I did check to see if it had Bi-Xenons. I think after the Sunnyvale tech session I am going back to AB and takes some more pictures and get the keys. Wonder how long that car is going to sit on the lot while Atlanta figures out what to do.

I posted the picture on the German Boxster board as a fine example of their quality control.

Kirby are you sure you did not play around with this car. :clapping:

• Moderators

After the morning tech session Loren and I stopped by our local dealer to check out this new 2004 turbo cab. It had been moved to the area where they prep the cars so it was unlocked.

1_17_04_rmg_tech_052.sized.jpg

Loren is on the right taking his own pictures. He looked and verified it does have a turbo motor.

1_17_04_rmg_tech_053.sized.jpg

Option sticker. Guess X50 now includes the ManTronic option at no cost.

1_17_04_rmg_tech_054.sized.jpg

• Moderators

They did dust the car for fingerprints Kirby to see if someone swaped parts from that car. Hope your prints are not on file.

I bet you want that black wheel.

The salesman Loren and I know said Atlanta is very slow getting back on issues. I'll check next week and see if it is still there.

• Moderators

I already offered 1/2. Might be a lot of transmission problems with that turbo.

That shift knob also bothers me. Same that we get on a Boxster S. I took out a fancy carbon one out of Josh's GT2 and I think put in a Box S standard 6 speed shift, I think.

Is that the correct shift knob for a base turbo? Because it is the same as a Boxster S or a 996.

post-4-1074472757_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That shift knob also bothers me.  Same that we get on a Boxster S.  I took out a fancy carbon one out of Josh's GT2 and I think put in a Box S standard 6 speed shift, I think. 

Is that the correct shift knob for a base turbo?  Because it is the same as a Boxster S or a 996.

Yep, that is the same stock shifter that is in my '04 TT coupe. I'd like to replace it and my e-brake w/ the CF units. Gert carries them, so barring some other more cost effective choice, I'll be ordering them from him.

Whatever happened to this car? This is the sort of thing that you'd think would motivate PCNA to act quickly; I mean the fact that this could even occur is just so silly. The bad PR by itself should make them want to make the problem go away, right now.

Jeff

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My car was ordered with ruffled leather. When it came from the ship, it had the upper half of the passenger seat in the standard leather and the rest in the ruffled. Had to wait nearly two months before the factory sent a replacment seat! Thank God it was the same black color at least.

• 1 year later...