Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

how does dashboard removal and posible heater box work rate?

Just got good word that my lack of heat is most likly a common failure of the: Heater Flap / Blend actuator motor.

I have not put this on a PST2 yet and will not begin work until we have verifed this but sources say be prepared for this one. Additionally they said the dash and heater box will need opened.

Done my share of saab and vw heater cores, fans, mixers and dashboard removals. All sucked.

anyone lived to tell on this one?

Dashboard removal is not too bad. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to get it out and about 2 hours to get it back in. I don't think you will have to remove the dash for the heater actuator flap, though. I believe once you remove the passenger side airbag you should be able to reach everything ok, but don't quot me on that.

Please post what you end up doing. I need to replace ours soon. You can hear it having a tough time, but it's not dead yet. :cheers:

Dashboard removal is not too bad. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to get it out and about 2 hours to get it back in. I don't think you will have to remove the dash for the heater actuator flap, though. I believe once you remove the passenger side airbag you should be able to reach everything ok, but don't quot me on that.

Please post what you end up doing. I need to replace ours soon. You can hear it having a tough time, but it's not dead yet. :cheers:

Isn't it funny how the dealer says the whole dash has to go! You may be right. Looking at Bentley it appears the motor is on the bottom so I was hoping to access it as you speak, w/o having to remove everything.

You are speaking of the same part for your need as me? In mine I hear no issues, what is your doing?

The control flap is more toward the pass. side then? My only complaint with Bentley on this is they show the entire AC housing out of a car so I couldn't figure out its orientation in regards to the dash.

What did you have your dash out before for?

If the heater flap motor is in deed bad I plan to document the entire process for all.

• 1 year later...