Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

key remote working funny?

Hi just got back from Baghdad and went to fire my baby up and well she wouldn't unlock? So I did it manually and went to the store to pick up a remote battery. I took a spare remote fob I bought online to use for a spare housing and well first I noticed that the spare fob had a 2032 cell in it and the one that was in the original remote was a 2025 cell? It seemed as thought there was enough room as the 2025 cell could move a little but had worked with no problems until I got back. But the other battery was a very good looking Swiss cell so I bought the 2032 to try it out. Well all the the batteries stated made the little red LED flash but none of them worked for remote operations??? Is there something I am missing here I have thuroughly inspected the chip and it looks as new. I had gotten it to work once or twice by pressing it at odd angles but now it just does not work. Oh yeah and on a little tip. Do not disassasemble the fob and attempt to manually unlock the car. very loud, and very annoying in a dark mall parking lot. Many Thanks. Jim

Welcome back!

If the car has been sitting more than 5 days then the remote alarm control has shut down to conserve power. You will need to use the key to unlock the door and turn the alarm off. This is normal and described in the owners manual.

Hi Loren, how do I get it to function as normal again? I have manually locked and unlocked 3-4 times.

Hi Loren, how do I get it to function as normal again? I have manually locked and unlocked 3-4 times.

To reset it just unlock it with the key and hit the remote unlock within 10 seconds.

OK I'll give it a try. I hope it does the trick as I went to the Dealer here in Wichita and well let's just say they were less then helpful, curtious, concerned, interested, and well they had a whole 4 porsches at their dealership, so I am assuming that when he said they were really busy( in the distance a tumbleweed rolling along) he meant that the Porsche service center, ie. him, was really busy. There was only one other customer at the entire dealership, and they were there to get a LEX fixed??? Oh well no love. :huh:

To reset it just unlock it with the key and hit the remote unlock within 10 seconds.

Well it did not do it. I am just about to give up this makes absolutely no sense. When I get back to KC I'll go to the dealer their and see what the deal is. I know they can test them. Is it possible that the 2032 battery is the problem I would think it is exactly the same as the 2025 other then its capacity. Also is there a possiblity that something in the car like a fuse or something is behind this. I had to replace the battery as the Optima Red Top I bought 3 months before I left was completely dead and would not take a charge??? :censored:

I have the same problem with my key. It started to act funny with blinking red light after I change the remote battery. I haven't been to the dealership yet so I have been using to manually open the car. I tried looking for the reboot procedure but no luck. I do not want to go to the dealership and get hit with a big bill if I can do it myself. Please help.

I have the same problem with my key. It started to act funny with blinking red light after I change the remote battery. I haven't been to the dealership yet so I have been using to manually open the car. I tried looking for the reboot procedure but no luck. I do not want to go to the dealership and get hit with a big bill if I can do it myself. Please help.

Hi well I was able to read through and find the re-boot procedure Loren posted (open remote and place the battery in backwards for 10 secs.)

but ultimately I was unable to correct the problem. Good Luck with yours. Jim

Unfortunately, if the key needs to be re-programmed only the stealer can do this.

Yea I was seriously hoping it would just be something silly like when Loren explained why my one touch windows were not working after installg a new Optima Battery. I replaced the battery in the remote at the same time some 7-8 months ago. Oh Well