Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi

I have to change the plugs on my 03 TT but no-one here stocks the multi-point bit (we call it Spline-Drive here).

I have the M10 used for removing the seat to change the battery, but the bolt on my stabiliser bar is larger.

It looks like a M11 or or possibly M12.

Can anyone tell me exactly which size it is as I have to order it sight-unseen and they do not allow returns for special ordered tools.

I have seen references to a T-55 but it is definately not a torx drive bolt.

Thanks

DS

I have seen references to a T-55 but it is definately not a torx drive bolt.

Thanks

DS

Huh, what do you mean? I assume you're referencing the bolt on the engine brace. I'm pretty sure it actually was a torx drive or one worked perfectly. Got one at a local hardware store for a couple bucks.

Edited by wirunner

Never mind found a multi size set on e-bay M6-M12 that should do the trick...

They're special order at all the local shops...

Torx and multi point are similar, but not identical and knowing my luck if I use a torx, I'll strip the bolt head :-)

Thanks

DS

I was told that 05's were a vendor change only (i.e. cheaper)

Never mind found a multi size set on e-bay M6-M12 that should do the trick...

They're special order at all the local shops...

Torx and multi point are similar, but not identical and knowing my luck if I use a torx, I'll strip the bolt head :-)

Thanks

DS

• 4 months later...

does anybody know the length of coils (cayenne 2009 turbo)? i dont have Porsche special tool which is 270mm (10.6in) but have another plug wrench 210mm long (8.2in). is that sufficient to get spark plugs out? thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the great information on this thread and website; I just replaced my plugs yesterday and reading this thread first would have saved me a lot of heart ache. My 04 Cayenne S is hesitating as well, I just replaced the plugs and it is still hesitiating a bit at low idle, I guess the coils would be the next logical move - can anyone recomend a good place to get the coils at a decent price? Thanks.

• 8 months later...

FWIW:

Best price I found on the V8 Bosch OE (FGR6KQE) plugs: Permalink: http://amzn.com/B002PCG07S - Amazon. $8.77/each (they were actually a bit cheaper last night when I ordered them..) Worth keeping a link to them.

And NAPA (auto-parts places catering to small garages) has replacement coils - ECHLIN brand. Dunno how good/bad they are, but how much worse could they be then the ones that Porsche is selling? Takes a bit of searching, but they'll turn up.. http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=ECHIC643_0211118455&An=599001+102006+50062+2062014# - for the V8's, $20! http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=ECHIC611_0211118458&An=599001+102006+50062+2062014 for the V6 - not as good a deal.

NAPA also seems to show what looks like the right plug (it has the same 7413 PN reference as the Amazon plug) - but no price on line, can only be purchased from the local stores: http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BSA7413_0311871967&An=599001+102006+50062+2062014+4062005+5999999+503001+503499

Edited by deilenberger

• 11 months later...

Just did plugs and coils on my 04 this weekend. FYI, the coils are now .09 on the last digits for the coil part number so apparently they are still ever-evolving. One thing I came across that I haven't seen mentioned (maybe I didn't look hard enough) are some small o-ring seals that sit on the small casting lip on the lower cylinder head piece inside the hole for the plug. I had already replaced two plugs before I saw them in pieces. I was only able to save two of them. I don't think it's a big deal due to the fact the coils seal very well on the valve cover, but just thought I'd post it in case anyone was wondering. 80k miles and running great!

post-35813-0-34156700-1332686345_thumb.j

post-35813-0-49553700-1332686359_thumb.j