Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

18" wheels on Boxster '99 (big ones)!

I was wondering if anybody can help me.

I search forum already and could not find the answer.

I want to buy a wheels with tires. I found used set that I really like. The only problem is those rims are from 996 narrow body and they are huge.

Wheels size: Front 18x9 and Rear 18x11

Offset: Front 40 and Rear 52

Tires: Front 255/35 and Rear 295/30

I really like those rims. I know that tires might be to big but I can always buy smaller. What about wheels?

So my question is: Will they fit? Do I have to use spacers? If they will not work is there anything I can do to make them work?

Thank you

P.S. My suspension is still stock.

I don't know how much the 1/2 inch bigger the one you like will do. For the most part a lot of the guys in the forum who elected 18" wheels have 18X10 rear and 18X8.5 front which seem to be the prepared size for all application. I on the other hand like the formula wheels and they only come in 19" have not made up my mind yet which way to go, but I need to make it soon spring is coming which means racing. Some of the tires size some posted in the racing forum are 225 30 and 225 35's. I like the wide look from the rear which I would think give the car a better handling. The Boxster rides like a "go cart" as it is for handling any upgrade I'm sure will make it even better.

Ben

11" is too wide on the rear. 9" is getting pretty big for the front, but I'm not sure about the offset since this is not a popular fitment. I would pass. There is no hope of fitting 295s on 11" rears unless you plan on doing some serious body work.