Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to reset # day service message

I own a 2005 987 boxster with 8500 miles on the clock. I resently start to see a masage on the center cluster; that I need to take the car in for service in # of days.

Did anybody here know how to reset this masage? I don't what to take the car into the dealer for an 8500 miles service.

The mesage is a little anoying because it pop up at any time:cursing:

• Moderators

The message can only reset with the PIWIS or similar tool, but an OPC is able to delete the message in the cars program with the PIWIS, if you wish.

The message can only reset with the PIWIS or similar tool, but an OPC is able to delete the message in the cars program with the PIWIS, if you wish.

I know the PIWIS is the dealer reset tool; But what OPC stand for.

Can you be a little more specific on how to delete the message with an OPC?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The service intervals are 20k miles or 2 YEARS - i suspect you are coming up to the latter, although the date in the ecu might be its build date and not its date of delivery. Contact your dealership and get a service booked, if the oils been in 2 years it needs changing

• 2 months later...
The service intervals are 20k miles or 2 YEARS - i suspect you are coming up to the latter, although the date in the ecu might be its build date and not its date of delivery. Contact your dealership and get a service booked, if the oils been in 2 years it needs changing

I have an 05 boxster that's at the 2yr point with 11k miles.

I had the oil changed 2 months ago at the dealer for $285 whopping dollars, and my service light is now on. The dealer said i am due for tire balance: $225, alignment: $285, and brake fluid change $325 or somehting like that...

Do you guys think this is a total waste of time for a car with 11k miles? It drives straight, stops well, and wheels don't wobble...hehe.

I will still have to get the message reset, but let me know what you all think.

I have an 05 boxster that's at the 2yr point with 11k miles.

I had the oil changed 2 months ago at the dealer for $285 whopping dollars, and my service light is now on. The dealer said i am due for tire balance: $225, alignment: $285, and brake fluid change $325 or somehting like that...

Do you guys think this is a total waste of time for a car with 11k miles? It drives straight, stops well, and wheels don't wobble...hehe.

I will still have to get the message reset, but let me know what you all think.

I can't comment on the other items (my 07 Box is my first Porsche), but the brake fluid does need to be changed every 2 yrs regardless of mileage. The brake fluid resevoir also handles the clutch.

Regards,

paul...

My service message is also showing on my 2005 987. I called the dealer and an independant shop and they both told me that I'm due for the 15K service. The dealer wanted $600+ for it, and the shop quoted me about $475. They both told me that all it entails is an oil change, cabin air filter, and a list of things to "check". Unreal how much this costs.

Neither mentioned the brake fluid or alignment/balancing. That sounds suspicious to me, why align a car that doesn't need it?

Whopping dollars - you are having a laugh !

UK minor service £356 ($712)

UK brake fluid change £117 ($234)

UK alignment £180 ($360)

Optional yearly air con clean £50 ($100)

Air con leak check and regas £280 ($560)