Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

want better tires on 07 Boxster

Hi guy's I have decided to change my tires on my 07 Boxster and looking for an all season high performance tire that will also do snow and a good comfortable ride probably to much to ask but I would have to figure some one out there may have some good advice and experience with some of the main brands.

What I find is alot of the major brands claim alot but after looking over the reviews its hard to tell which tire is going to give you the hole package.

Oh I forgot I would like a longer lasting tire as well most of the high end sports tire give very little mileage.

So can anyone out there tell me which tire is the all round best sports tire.

regards

Warren

What I forgot to tell you, as that I live in Vancover Canada and we sometimes get a little snow but for the most part it is rain in the winter. We sometimes go to Whistler ito ski and I plan on taking the boxster this year for a couple of trips.

thanks everyone.

Warren

Edited by secuuda

You will be more succesful finding the holy grail , than to find a good tyre for both summer and snow use. The best summer tyre for road noise , traction , handling and wet weather braking is the michelin pilot sport 2 , make sure its an "n " rated tyre so its porsche optimised. As to snow tyres, i'd suggest either the michelin alpin or the Pirelli or continental winter sport contact. Summer tyres are optimised to work at temperatures above 8 deg C , below that temp they become hard and lose traction. Winter tyres work well at temps below zero c , but wear out quickly at warmer temps and are also more noisy by nature of their tread pattern. If you purchased an all round tyre from another of the manufacturers not well known i'd expect you would feel its limitations very quickly. Bridgestone also offer a good summer tyre and Vredestein do a good value winter range. Better to buy a second set of wheels and fit winter tyres if you intend to drive in snow during the winter.

Hi Secuuda,

No offense - but there is no such tire. Good grip on dry+wet+snow, comfortable, long lasting - and hi-performance sports rating... Choose one of these. I guess that if you really want to use the Box as it was meant then you need 2 sets of tires: one for summer (probably a wet-tire) and another one for winter (soft-compound silica snow tire). I would even consider a third one for track only (semi-slick).

/OT:

As my IT company's slogan says:

"We will do a fast, low-cost and faultless job. But you choose only two of these..." :D

:oT/

Hi guy's I have decided to change my tires on my 07 Boxster and looking for an all season high performance tire that will also do snow and a good comfortable ride probably to much to ask but I would have to figure some one out there may have some good advice and experience with some of the main brands.

What I find is alot of the major brands claim alot but after looking over the reviews its hard to tell which tire is going to give you the hole package.

Oh I forgot I would like a longer lasting tire as well most of the high end sports tire give very little mileage.

regards

Warren

Warren,

I've also been looking around for an "all season" tire for my 07 Box. I'm going with a set of Conti Extreme Contacts. You can get info on these at Tire Rack. I had these tires on my previous car (03 Mercedes E320) and they performed well (I live in Boston, so we get our share of snow). Some things to keep in mind: those tires are slightly noisy due to the tread design, if you do a lot of high speed driving around turns - you'll greatly decrease tread life, you can't drive over 160mph because they're only W rated, you'll need to set your TPMS display for winter tires to account for the tire sizes since they only make the 235 and 255 sizes (I'm assuming you have a Box S).

I also agree with what others have said in that there is no perfect tire that does everything. Tires are indeed a compromise and you need to do a trade-off of your priorities.

Attached a page from the Conti site.

Regards,

paul...

regards

Warren

regards

Warren

What I forgot to tell you as that I live in Vancover Canada and we sometimes get a little snow but for the most part it is rain in the winter. We sometimes go to Whistler ito ski and I plan on taking the boxster this year for a couple of trips.

thanks everyone.

Warren