Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello everyone

I purchased a used 2004 Porsche Cayenne S and this is my first Porsche so this is my first post in this forum. So please pardon me for not knowing all the details and or information regarding the forum and the car.

My Cayenne S has about 55k miles and since there is no warranty on it, I was wondering if I should get the 60k mile service done now and would any of you recommend performing the following:

Engine Oil and Filter

Oil Drain Plug

Replace Spark Plugs (Can I use Bosch plugs Platinum Ir Fusion)

Spark Plug Wires Replacement (do I need this when I replace Spark Plugs)?

Change Brake Fluid

Replace Drive Belt (Conti Multi Rib Belt)

Replace Tire Sealent

Check Airbag System

Change Air Filter (would True Flow or K&N make any difference in terms of performance and the life of the engine?)

Change Pollen Filter (Bosch C3861 Activated Charcoal Filter)?

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type Before Catalyst Right side

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type Before Catalyst Left side

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type After Catalyst Two required

Check all fluid levels, and hoses for leaks, etc

I know some of these are recommended at 100k miles (like O2 Sensor), but considering the car is used and has no warranty, would spending extra money to protect it in advance to have a peace of mind worthed or not?

Thanks

Dan

I just had my 6K service done and your list is wrong. I have the check list at the office and will scan it in and post tomorrow. Is the service warning coming on when you start her up ? It should tell you how long till service. If not then I would say its already been done.

Hello everyone

I purchased a used 2004 Porsche Cayenne S and this is my first Porsche so this is my first post in this forum. So please pardon me for not knowing all the details and or information regarding the forum and the car.

My Cayenne S has about 55k miles and since there is no warranty on it, I was wondering if I should get the 60k mile service done now and would any of you recommend performing the following:

Engine Oil and Filter

Oil Drain Plug

Replace Spark Plugs (Can I use Bosch plugs Platinum Ir Fusion)

Spark Plug Wires Replacement (do I need this when I replace Spark Plugs)?

Change Brake Fluid

Replace Drive Belt (Conti Multi Rib Belt)

Replace Tire Sealent

Check Airbag System

Change Air Filter (would True Flow or K&N make any difference in terms of performance and the life of the engine?)

Change Pollen Filter (Bosch C3861 Activated Charcoal Filter)?

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type Before Catalyst Right side

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type Before Catalyst Left side

Oxygen Sensor - OE Type After Catalyst Two required

Check all fluid levels, and hoses for leaks, etc

I know some of these are recommended at 100k miles (like O2 Sensor), but considering the car is used and has no warranty, would spending extra money to protect it in advance to have a peace of mind worthed or not?

Thanks

Dan

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean 6k or 60k (I assume it was a typo and you meant 60k:)). Anyway, I checked the list with the maintenance/service manual and most of the things are listed there to be replaced at 60k, except for the O2 Sensors which are to be replaced at 100k. I am uploading the maintenance manual I downloaded from Porsche website. Note that the minor and major service for 60k does not list these things (except for oil and filter change), but if you go to page 9 and 10, you will see these things listed there. No service light comes up. Since I bought this used, I was wondering if changing these things 5k miles before the service interval is a good idea or not.

Thanks

Dan

CayenneMaintenance.pdf

You are correct, a typo. The plugs are not required if your car had the coils done at the time when they were changing plugs and coils together. They dont do that anymore under warranty they are told (by PCNA) only to change the broken ones, the dealers hate it.

Here is the check list, the cost was $485. The plugs were ok because of the coil/plug change I already had done. If they had been done it was an extra $200.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean 6k or 60k (I assume it was a typo and you meant 60k:)). Anyway, I checked the list with the maintenance/service manual and most of the things are listed there to be replaced at 60k, except for the O2 Sensors which are to be replaced at 100k. I am uploading the maintenance manual I downloaded from Porsche website. Note that the minor and major service for 60k does not list these things (except for oil and filter change), but if you go to page 9 and 10, you will see these things listed there. No service light comes up. Since I bought this used, I was wondering if changing these things 5k miles before the service interval is a good idea or not.

Thanks

Dan

60K_service.pdf

Thanks for uploading the checklist and for the reply!

Dan

You are correct, a typo. The plugs are not required if your car had the coils done at the time when they were changing plugs and coils together. They dont do that anymore under warranty they are told (by PCNA) only to change the broken ones, the dealers hate it.

Here is the check list, the cost was $485. The plugs were ok because of the coil/plug change I already had done. If they had been done it was an extra $200.

Hi

Thanks

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

just curious, i haven't looked in my manual yet, but the mx. checklist on this site and the preferred mx guide I have from a Porsche dealership does not mention changing the drive belt at 60,000miles. it just says to check it. has this changed or should I give the dealer a call before I attempt this myself?

thanks

• 3 years later...