Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cornering light and fog lights replacement with Xenon

Hi everyone

Has anyone replaced cornering lights and fog lights with xenons (H3 and H11)?

I am going to try it out but wanted to know if anyone has tried it or not and if they were successful or not and how easy it was.

Thanks

Dan

Use hex wrench from your spare tire kit and unlock headlight assembly. Pull whole thing out ,take cover off back and change corner light ( bulbs listed in owners manual, get at walmart) . Make sure when sliding headlight in you line up the side tabs on headlight unit. This lines it up best,will run on a plastic track. Get it in and relock, make sure you lock it in good, will her a good snap as cog latches in. I found best is to mark the hex key on the headlight with a felt and make sure you turn it back to the same mark when you tighten. I did not tighten enough first time and it slowly loosened off , giving all sorts of headlight errors.

Thanks for the instructions and the tip.

Did you replace the bulbs with Xenon bulbs with ballasts or just ordinary bulbs?

I am thinking about changing those ordinary bulbs with Xenons any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Did you replace the bulbs with Xenon bulbs with ballasts or just ordinary bulbs?

Thanks

Dan

I reciently installed a HID kit that Vertex sells for the Boxster. I ordered the 6000K super white kit. The install was pretty easy and the results are FANTASTIC! The lights look like the high end euro's and the performance is as good as ANY lights out there. Also, the lights look like they belong on the car. Originaly I did this install on the Boxster and I was very happy but when I did it on my wifes Cayenne I must say I was jelous. The kits run for about $250 on Ebay and come with a 1 year warrenty. Just do a serch for Boxster HID. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the reply. Are these headlamps or cornering and fog lights that you replaced? I already have HID in my Cayenne and am looking to replace the fog lights and the cornering lights with HIDs.

Thanks

Dan

I reciently installed a HID kit that Vertex sells for the Boxster. I ordered the 6000K super white kit. The install was pretty easy and the results are FANTASTIC! The lights look like the high end euro's and the performance is as good as ANY lights out there. Also, the lights look like they belong on the car. Originaly I did this install on the Boxster and I was very happy but when I did it on my wifes Cayenne I must say I was jelous. The kits run for about $250 on Ebay and come with a 1 year warrenty. Just do a serch for Boxster HID. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the reply. Are these headlamps or cornering and fog lights that you replaced? I already have HID in my Cayenne and am looking to replace the fog lights and the cornering lights with HIDs.

Thanks

Dan

Regards,

Scott

my headlights and fogs are HIDs 8000k :D

look for JDM HID porsche 165 :) AWSOME PRODUCT

Edited by Cayenne|17

• 1 month later...

yes i did it. the fogs are easy but in order to trick the computer so you dont get error messages you have to add a wedge bulb in line to correct the resistance. same with cornering projectors. but with the cornering lites as often as the turn on and off will take the life right out of the ballasts and not any benefit for visability. they take a second to get bright and will not work well. I just tricked the computer and wired them with a relay to the fog light switch. now there are on all the time. I did 8000k in every light possible