Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Requesting vehicle security codes

• Admin

Where did you get the PST2?

Some clone PST2's I've seen do not have all the wires in the cables.

Make sure the battery tender is on the car and the AC adapter is on the computer. The PST2 will check to see that proper voltages are present (so you don't brick the DME).

Thanks Loren. I got it on ebay. It's actually a KTS500 converted to a PST2.

While programming the unit I've got the PST2 plugged into AC power.

I've got a 40 amp manual charger that has the voltage at 15 volts while trying to program.

According to the table below, the official PST2 operations manual shows that the Porsche part number for the cable 000 721 958 85 is equivalent to Bosch part number 1 684 462 386 (the # of my cable).

pst2cable.jpg

Interesting.

I tried reversing the learning codes (old and new) and after selecting the OBDII map the programming screen comes up with a status bar 1 to 100, but then goes off shortly thereafter with a "[46] Test step aborted".

I tried putting in all wrong codes and get "[25] Test step aborted".

Perhaps I have the procedure wrong.

Connect PST2 to car, turn on ignition.

Select read control units

Turn off ignition (I've tried skipping this step)

Remove existing DME

Connect new (used) DME

Turn on ignition

Turn on battery charger

Press f12 to reconnect to DME

Select Program control unit

Enter in my car's VIN

Enter in the "old" dme code that is for the DME that was in the car before I removed it

Enter in the "new" dme code for the DME that is currently in the car

Enter in the "old" immo code that is for the DME that was in the car before I removed it

Enter in the "new" immo code that is for the DME that is currently in the car

Select the OBDII map and press F12.

At this point this is where I see the various error messages.

Above procedure: no status bar, and error "[21] Test step aborted"

Above procedure but with the old/new codes reversed: comes up with a status bar 1 to 100, but then goes off shortly thereafter with a "[46] Test step aborted"

Above procedure but with totally incorrect codes: "[25] Test step aborted"

Thanks. Tried it that way too and got the following result:

(Above procedure but with the old/new codes reversed: comes up with a status bar 1 to 100, but then goes off shortly thereafter with a "[46] Test step aborted")

I will try again to make sure I entered everything in exactly right.

• 1 year later...

Back from the dead question.

Can the immobilizer security codes be read (using PST2. or other Porsche tools etc.) to make sure they are matching what is in my DME? Car not turning over with new programming.

Edited by Mother

I understand it is possible to extract the portion of the immo code that the car cares about when you are programming, although not sure about obtaining the entire entire code.

It is possible to extract the entire DME programming code using the same EEPROM read method as above.

As for finding a vendor that will provide those services above... that is going to be the hard part. It either requires desoldering and special software or just special software and way to extract the DME's flash program.

The much more simple option however is if it is your car and your vin and your hardware you can provide proof ownership to a dealer and they should give you all the codes for your car. It might take a few dealers but one will eventually give you your cars codes.