Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cab in Garage - Top Up or Down?

Happy new owner of an 03 C2 Cab. Very glad to join this family! Pictures coming soon. :lol:

A quick newbie question…

Is there a compelling reason to put the top up when I park in my garage versus leaving it down? I worry about creasese damaging the fabric if I leave it down.

Your thoughts or experiences are welcome! Thanks.

You will obviously get creases if left down for prelonged period, but the tension when the top is up should soon straighten them out. What i would say though is NEVER put your top down when wet or even slightly damp, this will damage your fabric. If it has been raining then becomes a sunny day, wait for the heat to dry the top off completely before getting wind in your hair.............. Enjoy my friend.

I have had my '03 Cab for a little over a year. The top has been down 95% of the time...either because it was nice weather, or the hard top was on for the winter. I see no particular creases or wear when I raise it for the occasional cold or rainy day. I do put a cotton cover over the car while it's in the garage. It stays cleaner (inside & out) and has a reduced chance of being scratched.

Spiders. Top up at night so they don't get in and jump at your wife when she is driving, making her scream and panick.

Izzy,

I think that is just for those of us in Charlotte!! As to top up or down, I don't think it really matters. My top is down almost always. One thing that was suggested to me was to lay a towel over the plastic window while putting the top down to keep it from getting scratched up. Mine was pretty scratched up when I bought it, so I haven't done it. Enjoy your new toy!

Will

Spiders. Top up at night so they don't get in and jump at your wife when she is driving, making her scream and panick.

LOL! I put my top up at night for the very same reason but it's me who hates the spiders! I've had them hanging down on their webs waiting to jump in my hair when I go to my car. Hell if I'm going to leave my top down and let them lay their eggs in there! :P

Edited by monkeydust

Joking aside, that is why I always closed my top at night, critters, in the closed garage, from 8 legged ones to 2 legged little humans with "lollipop hands". Mr. Clean sponges clean up kid crud, but spiders just hide and enjoy living in the car (very COOL spiders, of course). If you don't have that worry, then you can leave it open. Just talking about my experience!