Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 C4 Ps9's on a 996 C2? Will it work? Help Loren!

996 C4 Pss9's on a 996 C2? Will it work?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey great people who have all the answers. I have found a set a new Pss9's that were purchased for a C4. The deal is good and the guy swears they will perfectly fit a C2 with no problems. Is this true? If not is there an easy way to make it work?

• Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey great people who have all the answers. I have found a set a new Pss9's that were purchased for a C4. The deal is good and the guy swears they will perfectly fit a C2 with no problems. Is this true? If not is there an easy way to make it work?

I wouldn't do it. A C4 is heavier (4WD). So, the spring rates and shock damping is different.

I wouldn't do it. A C4 is heavier (4WD). So, the spring rates and shock damping is different.

OK! Thank You. I will pass on this one then.

Russ

• 3 months later...

Grazy, why would you put PSS9's on a C4S when that car is supposed to be already lowered and has a beefed up suspension?

Im asking because I have a 996 Cab-4 and have been considering PSS9's + GT3 sways + performance exhaust but kind of decided that it would be smarter to just get a 997 C4S instead.

If you are looking at PSS9s because they are height-adjustable remember that anytime you adjust the height you will have to get your front-end realigned (and corner-balanced in the case of having adjustable shocks). But again, I thought the C4S was already lowered.

If you are looking at PSS9's because they are stiffness-adjustable then Im disappointed because I thought the C4S, with its suspension just like the turbo, did not have a problem with body-roll. I see a different post here asking about upgrading sway bars on their C4S... again making me wonder if the C4S/Turbo suspension allows too much body-roll.

It would be great to hear from other 997 C4S drivers about these questions!

Edited by vette67

Two reasons for the PSS9 or PSS10's: 1) I do like the lowered look much better...the US versions are all higher than the RoW specs and I think it makes a big difference. 2) I have only tracked this car once, and while it is altogether a much easier, much faster car than my '83 SC, there was more roll an floating than I was hoping for. The adjustability is a great feature.

My big issue right now is whether to go with a C4 fitment or a turbo fitment. Loren says turbo, Bilstein and a dealer said C4...and there a long thread on this as well...same issue. It appears most people side with the turbo fitment.

Anybody have any experience with the PSS10's vs. PSS9's??

Thanks

Grazy, why would you put PSS9's on a C4S when that car is supposed to be already lowered and has a beefed up suspension?

Im asking because I have a 996 Cab-4 and have been considering PSS9's + GT3 sways + performance exhaust but kind of decided that it would be smarter to just get a 997 C4S instead.

If you are looking at PSS9s because they are height-adjustable remember that anytime you adjust the height you will have to get your front-end realigned (and corner-balanced in the case of having adjustable shocks). But again, I thought the C4S was already lowered.

If you are looking at PSS9's because they are stiffness-adjustable then Im disappointed because I thought the C4S, with its suspension just like the turbo, did not have a problem with body-roll. I see a different post here asking about upgrading sway bars on their C4S... again making me wonder if the C4S/Turbo suspension allows too much body-roll.

It would be great to hear from other 997 C4S drivers about these questions!

I totally agree with you re: float and roll. Im not trying to hijack your thread, Im just disappointed to hear that the C4S doesnt solve the problem. I guess I should have known better since that ridiculous bumper-height law applies to all cars. So if Im not mistaken, all of our P-cars need to be lowered, even turbos. Options are the ROW030, X74, adjustable shocks like the bilsteins or lowering springs like the H&Rs.

But the C4S does have better sways than the C2 or C4, so that's a positive anyway.

FYI in the past I have found new PSS9s (this was before PSS10s came out) for around $1200 on the web.

Edited by vette67