Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo heat shield bolts

C4S Surgeon

Those are not bolts they are studs that hold the shield on.

Or do you need the heatshield? If so, please specify left or right.

When I changed out the exhaust I took the shields off from around the turbos. I know they fit over 3 of the 4 main studs, but thay also attach at the most lateral aspect of each one with a small bolt...which I lost. Those small lateral ones are the bolts in question.

I'm not stumped....I just put those on myself when I did the install of the Europipe. Those are the eight nuts that bolt the cats up to the turbos....I ordered eight from Sunset. They have a metal friction ring inside so that they stay on tight....they were number 7 on the PET chart Loren sent to me previously. It takes (IIRC) three of them to hold that turbo shield over adjoining space at the top of the turbo and uses the same nuts that bolt the cat/muffler system to the turbos. I think they're a 10mm nut.

I just re-read the question and he's not after the nut...he's after the bolt. On my 02TT, none of those studs came out...there were four that remain in there and the shield attaches to three of them....I don't know how you got the "bolt" out because they're studs.

So....I'll join Loren....I'm stumped. The only thing I can see is #29....but I don't recall taking any bolt out.

Edited by Chuck Jones

• 2 months later...

Hello,

This my first post. I plan on installing my aftermarket exhaust myself when my 997tt arrives next month. Did the diagram above come from a porsche shop manual? Can this manual be purchased from the dealer? I usually do the maintanence and upgrades on my vehicles myself and a source like this would be very useful to me.

thanks