Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help! My CDR 220 won't go back in

:oops: Hi guys I took my CDR 220 to install the aux cables for the IPOD (I have a 01 Boxster). While the installation worked fine, I can not seem to be able to get the CDR back into the dash. It feels like there is no wire stuck, but it will not go in.

Now I have to hold not only the IPOD on my lap, but the headunit... :angry:

Any opinions welcome...

Gustavo

Edited by gandrade1

sounds like something got stuck behind your CDR. Pull it out again, u will just have to work with it.

slide your hand in there first try to fit the wires evenly. I usually use a few wire ties,,,

:oops: Hi guys I took my CDR 220 to install the aux cables for the IPOD (I have a 01 Boxster). While the installation worked fine, I can not seem to be able to get the CDR back into the dash. It feels like there is no wire stuck, but it will not go in.

Now I have to hold not only the IPOD on my lap, but the headunit... :angry:

Any opinions welcome...

Gustavo

LOL.You are only dealing with 1 din. I had to struggle with double din!

I guess 986 comes with all diff dash configuration,,,,,

Here is pics of mine-MP4,DVD,Divx,SD card,USB port u name it .

post-23680-1194492136_thumb.jpg

post-23680-1194492155_thumb.jpg

Any time! I'm just glad u got her back in

Thanks,

Juniic,

I added some pics

Actually it is still stuck...

I will keep on trying.

Gustavo

Actually it is still stuck...

I will keep on trying.

Gustavo

The radio is a tight fit in the slot and you need to wiggle it a bit to get it in at the best of times. Suggest you check the following:

a) that the cables out of the rear of the radios are routed clear of the sides of the radio (ie towards the rear) and not obstructing the insertion of the radio

B) you appear to have your auxilliary cable routed underneath the radio and I think you'll find there's not enough room. Try routing the aux cable out the rear and back through some other part of the dash

I have had the same problem.

First, remove the radio keys and make sure the cables aren't tangled behind it. Also, the cables infront (in your picture) aren't under the radio.

There is a metal bracket/plate that the radio rests on in the center console. If you just push it straight back it will hit this bracket and won't go in. I have done this so much I have pretty good at it. The trick is to push the radio in while pushing down on it, so the back pivots up, hopefully so back will get over the bracket then you can slide it in. You can also remove the AC and the you will have enough room to push the radio over this bracket.

The radio is a tight fit in the slot and you need to wiggle it a bit to get it in at the best of times. Suggest you check the following:

a) that the cables out of the rear of the radios are routed clear of the sides of the radio (ie towards the rear) and not obstructing the insertion of the radio

B) you appear to have your auxilliary cable routed underneath the radio and I think you'll find there's not enough room. Try routing the aux cable out the rear and back through some other part of the dash

Actually in the picture it looks like the aux cable is routed underneath the radio (sorry), but its actually routed through the back and resting in the space between the dash and the central console...

Rick's comments seem to be right on the money. It looks like some metal bracket or wing is impeding the HU from going in and I am actually trying to place it back by pushing the HU straight.

Regarding the keys I tried with them and without them, but I will make sure that I keep them off for the next tries.

Thanks guys,

I will let you know how it goes.

Edited by gandrade1

Thanks guys....It is finally in!!! :cheers:

The frame which hols the HU inside the dash (with the 2 brackets) was slightly bent, hence the HU was getting stuck and bending it even further... I straightened the frame and bingo - the CDR220 slided in (not without some force, but relatively smoothly).

BTW, not only dont I need to hold the CDR on my lap, but I found some use for my cupholder - the IPOD (5 Generation) fits right in!

Thanks,

Gustavo

Edited by gandrade1