Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help Please! What should I have checked?

I have a 2003 C2 cab. that is going out of warranty on 11/30. I only have 11K mi. on the clock. What are the common issues that I should have my car checked for before my warranty expires? I had my car in the shop this week and the tech discovered a slight leak in the RMS, which was replaced under warranty.

Is there anything else I should have my car checked for? Should I consider a extended warranty? I plan on keeping my car.

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Guess you have to have faith in your tech to do a proper overall inspection. Do you have a good indie in your area that would give you an objective look at your car? The dealer in my town are such jerks I wouldn't trust them to tell me anything.

After your warranty expires you should be able to get another one very easily because of the low miles on your car. There are some good threads on this site for reputable warranty companies. Hope this helps.

Good luck! <_< :cheers:

Phillip

I have a 2003 C2 cab. that is going out of warranty on 11/30. I only have 11K mi. on the clock. What are the common issues that I should have my car checked for before my warranty expires? I had my car in the shop this week and the tech discovered a slight leak in the RMS, which was replaced under warranty.

Is there anything else I should have my car checked for? Should I consider a extended warranty? I plan on keeping my car.

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Just another bit of info...You should be able to get another warranty that covers you for another 4 or 5 years (or even longer) for about $2100. Well worth it in my opinion (considering a water pump will set you back about $850.)

Just a thought..

Phillipj

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Just another bit of info...You should be able to get another warranty that covers you for another 4 or 5 years (or even longer) for about $2100. Well worth it in my opinion (considering a water pump will set you back about $850.)

Just a thought..

Phillipj

Thanks Phillip,

Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase a extended warranty?

Thanks,

Mike

Be real careful on those 3rd party policies. Really read the fine print. You may find yourself paying high out of poclket for repairs. I am not so much an advocate of these policies. First off even if you only have a water pump changed out, it's still only $850 compared to $2100. By buying one you are betting the farm that you will need it. Based on the feedback on the C2's it seems these cars are petty reliable. These companies know it and make huge $$ off of these policies.

If you do decide to get one, make sure the shop that is doing any work does not tear anything down until the inspector shows up and vlidates the failure ( which could take days). If you don't you may find yourself paying for the whole job anyway.

BTW - most don't cover emissions and for the most part O2 sensors and other sensors is usuually the weakest link.

If you have the official extended warranty booklet, read it very very carefully as items you'd think should be covered are not. For example, no part of the PCM system is covered and whereas the window motor is covered, the regulator that's bolted to it is not.

Also, rattles and squeeks are no longer part of the extended cover so if there is an issue, get it looked into now and make sure there is a history to it if you need to follow it up post-expiry.

Regards

Pop