Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

headlights and lowering

so i installed litronics and the car is lowered now.

i followed the instructions on where and how high the beam cutoff should be, but will i have to adjust anything else height wise because the car sits considerably lower now?

any help is appreciated

DJ

No because the car is still level just 1" lower to the ground. It's the angle of the headlight compared to the road that is most important not the overall height of the light to the road. If you change your lights by a few degrees that will drastically change how much you can see. All else being equal if the car is still level but just 1" lower than you shouldn't have any significant loss in light, or any really at all.

No because the car is still level just 1" lower to the ground. It's the angle of the headlight compared to the road that is most important not the overall height of the light to the road. If you change your lights by a few degrees that will drastically change how much you can see. All else being equal if the car is still level but just 1" lower than you shouldn't have any significant loss in light, or any really at all.

The control box located on the lower control arm that shifts the headlights when braking etc., will not work when the car is lowered without changing the length of the control arm to the sending unit.

I had the same concern about headlight alignment after I had the ROW M030 suspension installed on my Boxster. The front nominally drops 20mm and the rear only drops 10mm, effectively changing the headlight angle to point lower. I asked here or on some other board (can't remember) and at least one other person said their headlight throw wasn't as far. I still need to readjust the headlights (after 6 months), just haven't found a suitable flat area I can mark off and align or another car to use as a reference. I expect it takes several months for the suspension to fully settle (6 months should be enough), so it's moving up on my to-do list

If you installed the Litronics yourself (like I did), there isn't any control box on the control arm that senses angle changes. That feature only comes with the factory Litronics

well you can always get it, but i feel that i dont need it.

i was just concerned where or how high it should be..

Naw man, you can get a "control box" for the add-on litronics that will shift the light up when the high beams are turned on, but that's not what he's referring to. He's talking about the system that comes when the litronics are factory installed and raise or lower the lights based on hard braking and acceleration. I've never heard of anyone adding that outside of the factory just because it's too much of a PITA with little benefit.

In your case you've just got the lights alone that you added after the fact, right? For those you'd just want to adjust the height of the light when it's shinning against a garage door and get the level even and to the height of your liking. Didn't you buy your litronics (left and right) from two different sources? If you did, then you'd definitely want to adjust them to the same level as they might be set differently. Other than that... I think you're pretty much good.

To be honest I lowered my car with Gemballas too and never even thought about adjusting the headlights. :rolleyes: I doubt they're off that much.

Kirk

The control box located on the lower control arm that shifts the headlights when braking etc., will not work when the car is lowered without changing the length of the control arm to the sending unit.

Can you tell me what you mean. My car was lowered when I bought it and has factory litronic option, but the low beams do not lower and raise when turned on nor do they raise when high beam is turned on. I assumed there is a problem and was going to look into it this winter. Is this what you mean by "they will not work when the car is lowered" and will they just magically start working again if I return the car to factory height which is what I plan to do because the only thing that was changed was the springs and I have obtained factory original ones.