Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

DIY oil change and warranty considerations?

Given that I used Mobil 1 0w40 and a factory oil filter would changing the oil/filter early (15k km's versus 30k km's) void the factory warranty?

Would they even know unless I tell them?

I was thinking of doing it now at 15k km and just before the 30k km service...

thanks

Edited by Westcoaster

As long as you follow the manufacturer's interval and use spec parts they have no claim to deny you warranty.

So the recommended interval can be taken as a minimum, changing the oil/filter twice as often is not frowned upon?

Part of the reason for asking is the dealer charges $385 for an oil/filter change.

• Admin

Changing twice as often would still meet or exceed the manufacturers specifications. That all you need to worry about.

I have changed oil on all my Porsche's since the mid- 1970's (yeah I know I am old) - and I have never had a warranty claim denied.

Even when Porsche dealers charged $50 for an oil change I though it was outrageous - this is simple to do on Porsche's and always has been.

And needless to say, keep copies of all receipts, etc. for the oil, filter, and anything else you buy just in case they question it.

Agree, and when I did my oil change at 7500 miles, I also performed all the scheduled maintenance items for 20K miles and put all that info on some documentation and had it notarized as an extra precaution.

Regards,

paul...

Thanks, OK I move forward then...

I can get the oil at a NAPA store, but the filter will have to come from the dealer.

Actually it is a filter and sealing washer right?

1 ea 996.107.225.53 filter plus o-ring

1 ea 900 123 106 30 Aluminum Sealing Ring