Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello to all!

I am a new member to both the Forum and the Porsche Family. I recently bought a 2004 Cayenne S with most of the goodies. It is in incredible condition and has just over 50K miles on it. It is a blast to drive (when I get to drive it) but I am looking for some go fast goodies. I know, the easy solution would have been to buy the Turbo, but this one came to me at a deal too good to turn down. I come from a car family and love to work on them myself. I have had everything from a 78 Pontiac to an 06 Mini and everything in between and always found ways to make them better. I have been hunting around the internet for a good forum with knowlegable people and I think I have found it. I am hoping that there are some other P owners here that share my spirit for improving what is already great!

If there are already posts on these kind of mods, please direct me to them. Any help would be great!

One note to the Admin: if you need someone to photo document certain DIY jobs (oil change for example) please let me know and I will get it done!

Thanks for all the help!

Steven

San Diego CA

Hello to all!

I am a new member to both the Forum and the Porsche Family. I recently bought a 2004 Cayenne S with most of the goodies. It is in incredible condition and has just over 50K miles on it. It is a blast to drive (when I get to drive it) but I am looking for some go fast goodies. I know, the easy solution would have been to buy the Turbo, but this one came to me at a deal too good to turn down. I come from a car family and love to work on them myself. I have had everything from a 78 Pontiac to an 06 Mini and everything in between and always found ways to make them better. I have been hunting around the internet for a good forum with knowlegable people and I think I have found it. I am hoping that there are some other P owners here that share my spirit for improving what is already great!

If there are already posts on these kind of mods, please direct me to them. Any help would be great!

One note to the Admin: if you need someone to photo document certain DIY jobs (oil change for example) please let me know and I will get it done!

Thanks for all the help!

Steven

San Diego CA

Steven,

There are many, many mods possible to a Cayenne S, it all just depends on your budget and your desire for power.

I think one of the most economical power upgrades that is fast and simple is the addition of cat bypass pipes. I've actually been considering adding them to my 2004 CS. I have heard that they give a nice increase in sound, and that they help reduce the minor hesitation that some Cayenne owners experience. HP gains are purported to be around 20 HP for this mod. From there, it only goes up.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2005 CS and want a bit more grunt too. So far, the only backed up claim I have seen is from EVO Motorsports. They have a dyno-tested air intake system that gives 10-12hp. I will probably try that first, then the 2nd cat bypass, then an exhaust, and finally a chip upgrade. I will also give a progress report as I go, including observed gas mileage before and after.

Harold

2005 955 Cayenne S

2000 986

1990 964 C2

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. I asked around and could not find definitive information on H/P increases, so I'm working harder and saving for a Turbo! B) If I were to add performance oriented mods, here's how I would go:

GIAC ECU flash, performance air filters (BCM, EVO), 2ndary Cat bypass pipes, replace rear exhaust and a quality set of lightweight wheels. I think you could net an additional 20-40hp with all that and you will FEEL the difference. Replacing the Cats and rear exhaust will also save at least 50-75lbs. Combine that with lighter weight wheels you'll be at over 125lbs savings in vehicle weight.

The wheels will be noticeable since they are "unsprung" weight. They say for every 100lbs dropped equals 1 10th improvement in the quarter mile, so who knows.

Jeff

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. I asked around and could not find definitive information on H/P increases, so I'm working harder and saving for a Turbo! B) If I were to add performance oriented mods, here's how I would go:

GIAC ECU flash, performance air filters (BCM, EVO), 2ndary Cat bypass pipes, replace rear exhaust and a quality set of lightweight wheels. I think you could net an additional 20-40hp with all that and you will FEEL the difference. Replacing the Cats and rear exhaust will also save at least 50-75lbs. Combine that with lighter weight wheels you'll be at over 125lbs savings in vehicle weight.

The wheels will be noticeable since they are "unsprung" weight. They say for every 100lbs dropped equals 1 10th improvement in the quarter mile, so who knows.

Jeff

They also say that 10lbs off of unsprung weight = 100lbs off of sprung weight.

JR

I agree with Dennis, Secondary By-Pass first ( I have ), you can feel it then maybe Giac (I don't have even tho they are 5 miles from my house)

Jeff

They also say that 10lbs off of unsprung weight = 100lbs off of sprung weight.

JR

I will try the EVO intake first, then the cat bypass, then try a Revo demo flash that lasts 5 hours before I buy it. I was already looking at lighter wheels. I like the Konan's that use the Porsche center caps but the Victor Equipment wheels are probably a better investment... Any ideas? I have air suspension so 22" wheels would look really nice.