Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Where does the plastic plug go?

The other day the hood went a bit lop-sided when opening it. I reversed it a little way and then tried again and it went down fine. When I got to work the triangularish piece of plastic trim on the metal lid that opens a little to allow the hood to close had worked lose and came out with the hood. When I went to put it back I found a plastic plug (I'm trying to attach it to this post but even though the photo is only 7kb the upload part of the dialog is sitting there for ages with a "rotating" round image and "Uploading File" so I don't think it'll appear - grateful for suggestions as to how to post the photo).

Anyway the plug is 35mm long with a 28mm diameter head and three ridges to lock in somewhere. I can't see a similar plug anywhere but would like to put it back in place, so any idea where it goes.

• Moderators

Probably the guide pin protection/anti rattle on the left and right front side of the convertible hood, which go's in the holes in the A-pillars cross member above the front windscreen. Replace both sides ones they have come loose.

The other day the hood went a bit lop-sided when opening it. I reversed it a little way and then tried again and it went down fine. When I got to work the triangularish piece of plastic trim on the metal lid that opens a little to allow the hood to close had worked lose and came out with the hood. When I went to put it back I found a plastic plug (I'm trying to attach it to this post but even though the photo is only 7kb the upload part of the dialog is sitting there for ages with a "rotating" round image and "Uploading File" so I don't think it'll appear - grateful for suggestions as to how to post the photo).

Anyway the plug is 35mm long with a 28mm diameter head and three ridges to lock in somewhere. I can't see a similar plug anywhere but would like to put it back in place, so any idea where it goes.

PC:

Is this the part you are talking about? From your description and the general location where you found it, it sounds like it:

post-6627-1203372971.jpg

Tool Pants had posted this photo on another thread.

If so, these are plugs that cover the spinlocks (near the base of the B-pillars) when they are not being used for either holding down the hardtop or Speedster Humps.

Regards, Maurice.

When I went to put it back I found a plastic plug (I'm trying to attach it to this post but even though the photo is only 7kb the upload part of the dialog is sitting there for ages with a "rotating" round image and "Uploading File" so I don't think it'll appear - grateful for suggestions as to how to post the photo).

to post pics, go to http://www.tinypic.com, click 'Browse', find the picture on your computer that you want to upload, then click on it and select Open (or just double-click it). BEFORE you press the 'Upload' button, down further on the page there is a Re-Size option. use the drop down box to select 'Message Board (640x480)'. THEN press the 'Upload' button. when the picture is uploaded to TinyPic it will be re-sized to your specification (640x480) automatically, and the resulting page will show your photo and a number of links. you can choose the link that starts and ends with IMG tags, and copy and paste that link into the body of the message here at Renntech. then hit the 'Preview Post' button to make sure that your picture shows up in the message. 640x480 is the perfect size for Message Boards as the picture is big enough to see, but not so big that viewers will have to scroll to see the whole picture.

do this with all picture files you want to display here or on other message boards. or choose the option below (which is my favorite).

another great picture hosting site is http://www.pcars.us . what i like about PCARS is that you can create an 'album' of all your pics that you can link to as much as you want, and your pics are all in one place. it's a lot easier than having to remember TinyPic links. i also think that TinyPic links expire after a certain length of time, while PCARS links are permanent. the only 'downsides' to PCARS (and they're not really downsides considering what you get - a free hosting site and the ability to create a permanent 'album' to compile your car photos at one place) is that you have to create an account/register. also, PCARS has a limit on the size of individual pictures. they can be no bigger than 1MB (which is a pretty big picture).

PCARS does not have a picture Re-size option like TinyPic does, so if your pictures are bigger than 640x480 (you can always right-click on the picture and select 'Properties' to view the current size of the picture), you will want to re-size them yourself using any photo editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, maybe even MS Paint). usually in the photo editing software, you just need to select 'Image' and then 'Re-size' and type in 640 x 480 and then 'Save' the picture.

here is my PCARS album if you want to see what i'm talking about. http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=84

i hope this helps. ;)

PC:

Is this the part you are talking about? From your description and the general location where you found it, it sounds like it:

post-6627-1203372971.jpg

Tool Pants had posted this photo on another thread.

If so, these are plugs that cover the spinlocks (near the base of the B-pillars) when they are not being used for either holding down the hardtop or Speedster Humps.

Regards, Maurice.

Yes! That's the item. Thanks. I can see from the manual where to fit it back.