Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New DVD Navigation Install

Michael,

I have an MY02 Targa with the Bose audio system. I installed a Pioneer AVIC-3Z, replacing a CD-220, using the same kit you have. You will have to add some additional wires/pins to the basic installation. I wish I could remember exactly how I did it, but don't want to guess and give harmful information. I bought an additional wiring adapter to get the extra wires/pins I needed. I do remember that you have to get receiver output to the existing brown (plug) recepticle. From the Porsche wiring diagram for the Bose system:

Brown (Plug) Recepticle........Bose Amplifier

Pin 1...................................RR+

Pin 2...................................RR-

Pin 3...................................FR+

Pin 4...................................FR-

Pin 5...................................FL+

Pin 6...................................FL-

Pin 7...................................RL+

Pin 8...................................RL-

I hope this will help.

BTW, the Pioneer receiver is much, much better than the CD-220. The whole system sounds 1000% better with out up-grading the amplifier or speakers....al least to a guy who has been around jet engines for 35 years.

Cheers,

Bill

Michael,

If you become a contributing member, you may ask Loren for the wiring diagram for your specific case. That's what I did!

I've done a bit of research since I first posted, found all the info I've needed, I just didn't know that the Bose amp took speaker-level inputs.

My plan is to add the four missing pins to the harness from Euro Motor Speed, I've already been in contact with trieullionaire about it.

Thanks everyone for confirmation I'm on the right track :)

This kit is not applicable to Bose 996s nor for PCM 996s. My TT had both. When I received these guy's kit I noticed that :(

I used only the antenna adapter and used only the top strip of the surround.

Hey guys,

I got Michael's email last night in regards to this issue and want to address the topic so everyone has the right information. The kit works for the 996 vehicles w/ either the Bose or the PCM set up - a minor modification is required to the wire harnesses that we include in our kit.

If you have a non MOST vehicle w/ Bose or PCM set up, essentially 4 additional speaker wires are required that plugs into the black double stack harness we provide.

It will make installing much simpler...

-Plug the vehicle's black and brown connector into the black double stack harness of the kit

-Plug the yellow connector (which is your amp remote turn on wire) to our red harness

-Connect the speaker wires of our double stack harness to the speaker wires of your new head unit

Anyhow, we will have some of these kits made available. Just give us a call or email us if you have this type of set up, so that we can include the additional wires for the harness.

Cheers,

Trieullionaire

Btw, it is possible to set up the harnesses from our kit to plug into the head unit using the line level RCA connectors. And then simply plug in the black and brown connectors to the double stack harness and yellow connectors to the red harness. We recently did it for a forum member's 02 Targa w/ Bose system successfully.

If you prefer to do it this way, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Great instructions purchased a JVC AVX820 and completed the install

One question i have is how to get the Porsche logo showing on my screen...i have down loaded the jpeg and put this on a usb drive but cannot see where to download it onto the double din unit

Any ideas

Cheers

Steve

One question i have is how to get the Porsche logo showing on my screen...i have down loaded the jpeg and put this on a usb drive but cannot see where to download it onto the double din unit

Any ideas

I'd suggest reading the manual that came with your JVC unit, or contacting their support group. I could tell you how to do it with my Kenwood, but I doubt that'd be of use to you :)

Any ideas

I'd suggest reading the manual that came with your JVC unit, or contacting their support group. I could tell you how to do it with my Kenwood, but I doubt that'd be of use to you :)

Cheers

Cannot find anything in the manual regarding uploading an image to the unit

• 2 weeks later...
Where Can I mount the GPS Antenna¿?

Maybe in the same with alarm sensor...?¿

How can I unistall/install..and the wire..?

I mounted mine up where the factory GPS antenna goes - in front of the alarm sensor and light. Pretty easy really, but you do have to cut plastic a bit to fit the wire in there (not too bad, I used a hacksaw blade in my hand). You can easily route the wire down to the back of the radio.

Where Can I mount the GPS Antenna¿?

Maybe in the same with alarm sensor...?¿

How can I unistall/install..and the wire..?

I mounted mine up where the factory GPS antenna goes - in front of the alarm sensor and light. Pretty easy really, but you do have to cut plastic a bit to fit the wire in there (not too bad, I used a hacksaw blade in my hand). You can easily route the wire down to the back of the radio.

Ok How Can I uninstall the alarma cover...?¿

Thanks

Edited by Demiano

Hi Guys,

I am installing this kit with a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD head unit. The double din install kit says to ground the handbrake wire to bypass the handbrake part. The Pioneer manual says to put it on the "power" side of the handbrake switch. When I ground this switch, I get a black screen (no DVD image) and when I apply 12v to it I get the standard pioneer background. Can anyone help with this?

Sam

**EDIT** Just had to re-set the unit, now the toggle is working fine :) Thanks.

Edited by sparker

To place the GPS Antenna in factory location just give the plastic cover a good squeeze with the fingers and it pops right off. The lead can be routed around the top air duct and fished up the existing opening. You don't need to cut anything.

Other thing

Where I should connect my rear original speakers....with avic f900bt¿?¿?

Depends, are you installing aftermarket amplifiers? Or using the stock?

Either way, you'll have to determine if you want the rears as part of the front outputs, or the rear outputs.

I used aftermarket amps since I wanted to eliminate the Nokia DSP unit (which required removing the factory 6-CH HAES amp), and changed the front dash speakers to run purely off the Front Channel Outputs (X-OVER for Mid-range 4" and Tweeters), and then for the doors and rear speakers, since I upgraded to 6.5" woofers, and 4 x 3.5" mid-range in the rear, I used an X-OVER to separate the Highs from the lows, and then ran the inputs from the X-OVER to the Outputs of the rear.

In otherwords, The Front Channel is Purely the dash speakers, The Rear Channel is doors and rear speakers.

Other thing

Where I should connect my rear original speakers....with avic f900bt¿?¿?

Depends, are you installing aftermarket amplifiers? Or using the stock?

Either way, you'll have to determine if you want the rears as part of the front outputs, or the rear outputs.

I used aftermarket amps since I wanted to eliminate the Nokia DSP unit (which required removing the factory 6-CH HAES amp), and changed the front dash speakers to run purely off the Front Channel Outputs (X-OVER for Mid-range 4" and Tweeters), and then for the doors and rear speakers, since I upgraded to 6.5" woofers, and 4 x 3.5" mid-range in the rear, I used an X-OVER to separate the Highs from the lows, and then ran the inputs from the X-OVER to the Outputs of the rear.

In otherwords, The Front Channel is Purely the dash speakers, The Rear Channel is doors and rear speakers.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have a original audio system Version M490 with original Nokia amplifier.

Only I have a AVIC F900BT, the rest of audio is original