Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi folks,

Well I've been cleaning up my MAF for the last year but the time between CEL's has been shortening. I guess the cleaner spray can't clean everything back to 100% and the dirt eventually accumulates too much. My last clean (4th one) resulted in a CEL coming back in just 5 days/110 miles.

Anyway, it is the same fault codes this time: i.e. new MAF. So I hunted and found some cheap BOSCH MAFs at http://www.autopartsperformance.com/parts/...1698+11921+9359

BUT there are two compatible parts for the 99 996. Anyone knows which one would work on my car? I recall on the Boxster they had come up with a newer MAF design which was more resistant to dirt but then that sensor also required reprogramming the DME/car computer. Now sure if the same is applicable to the 996 too.

Anyway, I don't want to reprogram the DME but I still want the latest and greatest MAF - so which one should I buy?

Thanks; and cheers!

Sid

Edited by siddharth

• Moderators

It depends which connector design your car have, the older ones have 2 locking clips, 1 on each small side and the newer ones have 1 locking clip on the long side. You have to find this out first, the first one on the site is for the 2 clips version

It depends which connector design your car have, the older ones have 2 locking clips, 1 on each small side and the newer ones have 1 locking clip on the long side. You have to find this out first, the first one on the site is for the 2 clips version

Thanks! I have the older version, with 2 clips on the small edges. Good to know that difference!

Anyway, it is the same fault codes this time: i.e. new MAF. So I hunted and found some cheap BOSCH MAFs at http://www.autopartsperformance.com/parts/...1698+11921+9359

Sid:

You can get much better prices on Bosch MAF at www.autohausaz.com, and they also offer free shipping! Excellent customer service too!

Regards, Maurice.

Sid:

You can get much better prices on Bosch MAF at www.autohausaz.com, and they also offer free shipping! Excellent customer service too!

Regards, Maurice.

Sid:

Regards, Maurice.

Wow ... thanks. You saved me some real world beer money!! Ordering it right away from www.autohausaz.com ... can you believe the mark-up??!?

Sid:

Regards, Maurice.

Wow ... thanks. You saved me some real world beer money!! Ordering it right away from www.autohausaz.com ... can you believe the mark-up??!?

Sid:

No problem! Wait until you see the "List Price" on the AutohausAZ invoice... It's about $517.50!!!

The price you get from AutohausAZ is a bargain when compared to the Porsche price. The most important thing to remember is that Bosch makes the part, NOT Porsche. And the kicker is, when you look at the Bosch MAF, it even has the Porsche part number stamped on it next to the Bosch part number.

Enjoy the beers while pondering that insanity!

Regards, Maurice.