Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

RS60 Spyder Included Options

Agree with Nick, the car needs more identity than just a different boot badge, a few scuff plates and a revised exhaust tip. It sholud have unique wheels a special colour interior and maybe some different body styling to that of a standard boxster or tequipment specced car. Thats where the limited edition orange cars stand out. The colour can only be specced from the exclusive program , same as the interior alcantara , colour coding , and black grilles. Even the special editions from GM have more effort to make them look different.

The base RS60 Spyder costs $9,200 more than a base Boxster S. Below is my understanding of the RS60 Spyder options. If anyone has better info please comment.

Included options:

U2 GT Silver Metallic $3,140

07 Carrera Red Natural Leather $3,605

P77 Leather Sport Seats $440

407 19" Sport Design Wheel $1,940

XRP 5mm Wheel Spacers $490

475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) $1,990

XSA Sport Seat Backs Painted in Exterior Color $1,495

XME Rear Center Console in Exterior Color $730

XXF Red Taillights $550

XMK Roll Bar Painted in Exterior Color $535

CDM Trim Strip Painted in Exterior Color $520

XSH Seat Belts - Silver $340

810 Floor Mats in Interior Color $90

Included partial or similar options

XAL Sport Design Package (full $5,865) ~$1,900 (has 1 of 3 features)

XLF Sport Exhaust System (full $2,100) ~$1,600 (Spyder gets 8 more HP)

460 Three-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel $740 (might be XPA for $1050)

X70 Metal Door Sill Insignia $415

CUC Painted Model Designation on Rear Lid $165 (Spyder has chrome)

CUV Storage Compartment Lid w/Model Logo $295 (Spyder is numbered 1->1960 on dash)

The total included options are over $20K, whereas the base price increase is $9.2K, an apparent good value. Unlikely I would ever select that set of options ... I assess their value to me at about $12K (your mileage may vary).

So I bought one, with the following additional options:

P01 Adaptive Sport Seats

P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package

639 Sport Chrono Package

680 Bose Surround Sound System

XCZ Sport Shifter

P12 Self-Dim Mirrors and Rain Sensor

25071 Carpeting in Deviating Color

573 Automatic Climate Control

342 Heated Front Seats

551 Porsche Windstop

XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest

XXZ Aluminum Foot Rest

CGA Headlight Cleaner Cover in Exterior Color

446 Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest

CPU Key Pouch in Interior Color Leather

V9 Black Top (sorry Nick)

Edited by freelance

Freelance, I saw my first RS60 in person on Wednesday. I was very impressed. The car looked great. Your build looks very nice, but you are missing the PSE. The PSE is a very-very nice exhaust and really adds to the overall ownership experience, IMHO.

One of the greatest parts of the Porsche buying process is the ability to custom order the car from Germany. The potential options selection and combinations is just about unlimited. This really sets the car apart from many others, and makes the process a lot of fun. Truely like, "a kid in the candy shop"! :)

Enjoy your new car. Follow the Porsche break-in proceedure to the tee. And change the oil about the 1,000 mile mark.

Freelance, I saw my first RS60 in person on Wednesday. I was very impressed. The car looked great. Your build looks very nice, but you are missing the PSE. The PSE is a very-very nice exhaust and really adds to the overall ownership experience, IMHO.

PSE is included in the RS60 package.

tmc (new RS60 owner)

PSE is included in the RS60 package.

tmc (new RS60 owner)

TMC, that is what I am saying, that the PSE is part of the RS60. Freelance ordered his "clone RS60" without it. IMHO the PSE is a big deal.

Congrats on your new car. Nery nice! :)

If I am reading that exhaust picture correctly, I see how they got the extra 8hp. They removed the second CAT!

Regards,

Alan

Still has 4 cats.

Yeah, 4 cats. I got under one at the dealership this morning (boy, they look at ya funny when ya do that) the second cat is there but they did remove some of the silencer. The tech there told me that its a different fuel map that gives them the extra 8hp. Seems that there is a healthy amount of wiggle room to lean the map out a bit.

Regards,

Alan

Another black roof.... Its got to be red and red, otherwise it just looks like a stock car.

The blurb in May's R&T says top matches the interior. Black top and "dark gray" interior are optional. Poster they sent me yesterday (FedEx Overnite) appears to have red top.

If this "dark gray" is like the 04 550, it is what I call "black."

top can be either color

550 SE and RS60 interior grey is dark natural grey leather, a higher quality leather, and is nearly black

aloha

steve

Another black roof.... Its got to be red and red, otherwise it just looks like a stock car.

The blurb in May's R&T says top matches the interior. Black top and "dark gray" interior are optional. Poster they sent me yesterday (FedEx Overnite) appears to have red top.

If this "dark gray" is like the 04 550, it is what I call "black."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...