Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

unknown electrical problem

Hey all, want to ask you about my problem with my boxster S, 2000. Another issue with the mass air flow sensor, or not?

My boxster S, 2000, has a problem, bad running engine. Before, few months the problem was solved after resetting the DME but now its permanently. After starting, the engine runs 1500 rpm. max and its not reacting on the gas-pedal. A kind of emergency program what he is running/ doing?

I changed the MAF sensor without result. Now the dealer is advising to change the whole gasunit, dont know the english word. Its 800 eur. and i am not sure if this is the cause of the problem.

Unforgenatly i dont have a boxster with a light of electrical codes on the dashboard display.

Any other idea??

Sorry about the mistakes,

thanks, Boris from the Netherlands

Hi,

Still no OBD II codes,dealer not working in weekend here.

Forget to tell, when i disconnect the Mass Airflowsensor, the car is running ok in an emergency program, also gas pedal is working. Also no "check engine" light on dashboard. So you should expect the problem in this MAF sensor, but not.

Obviously i am not driving with this emergency program.

Hope to hear u again,

Boris

The OBD II fault codes are the key to helping you.

Can you ask the shop to tell you the codes?

I would remove the throttle body and give it a good cleaning. That might be what he is trying to replace. It is a common problem that they get gunked up over time. I highly doubt that it needs to be replaced.

merci,

I think thats the word of the part i was looking for, the throttle body, what i called gasunit/ gas valve. Stefan, what is gunked up? is the valve not moving up and down, or do you mean something else? And how do i/ they clean this?

But if this throttle body is the problem, why the car is then running ok with the MAF disconnected? Do u have an idea?

Boris

I would remove the throttle body and give it a good cleaning. That might be what he is trying to replace. It is a common problem that they get gunked up over time. I highly doubt that it needs to be replaced.