Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone know how to replace visor mirror lights?

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a used 2001 Boxster (my very first Porsche) a couple of weeks ago. When I brought it back home, I noticed that the lights on the passenger-side visor mirror do not work! I read the Boxster manual and combed the web for instructions on how to replace these lights and found none.

Can anyone who has experience with this help me out? I am trying to see if I can DIY before sending the car to Porsche dealer for a fix. It seems like a simple job, but I may be wrong.

Thanks!

It is a simple job.probably it's the blown fuse or bulb

using a small, skinny screw driver U will need to unclip mirror insert.

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a used 2001 Boxster (my very first Porsche) a couple of weeks ago. When I brought it back home, I noticed that the lights on the passenger-side visor mirror do not work! I read the Boxster manual and combed the web for instructions on how to replace these lights and found none.

Can anyone who has experience with this help me out? I am trying to see if I can DIY before sending the car to Porsche dealer for a fix. It seems like a simple job, but I may be wrong.

Thanks!

Edited by juniinc

It is a simple job.probably it's the blown fuse.

Hmmm...never thought of checking out the fuse first. That may be the issue. Will check it out tonight or this weekend when I get a chance and will update this thread! Thanks, juniinc!!!

Any time,man.

If u need further assistance there is a sun visor removal thread by Loren on the 4th Technical page, well explained direction is also there.

Good luck

It is a simple job.probably it's the blown fuse.

Hmmm...never thought of checking out the fuse first. That may be the issue. Will check it out tonight or this weekend when I get a chance and will update this thread! Thanks, juniinc!!!

Edited by juniinc

Any time,man.

If u need further assistance there is a sun visor removal thread by Loren on the 4th Technical page, well explained direction is also there.

Good luck

Thanks again, juniinc! I took a look at the fuse layout tonight, and there was none specifically assigned to the passenger-side visor mirror light. The driver's side visor lights still work fine. In this case, I don't think it's the fuse problem.

I've read Loren's explanation on removing the visor and also took a look my visor mirror insert assembly. Still not sure how to get it out though, and since it's pretty dark already, I don't think I dare try to pry out anything right now without risking the chance of breaking something. I wish Loren posted some pictures along with his explanation.

• Admin
Any time,man.

Good luck

Thanks again, juniinc! I took a look at the fuse layout tonight, and there was none specifically assigned to the passenger-side visor mirror light. The driver's side visor lights still work fine. In this case, I don't think it's the fuse problem.

I've read Loren's explanation on removing the visor and also took a look my visor mirror insert assembly. Still not sure how to get it out though, and since it's pretty dark already, I don't think I dare try to pry out anything right now without risking the chance of breaking something. I wish Loren posted some pictures along with his explanation.

Bunch of pics in this thread:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1512

Hi Loren,

Thank you vey much! I was tracing through several chains of postings and finally go to the same page URL that you recommended. :) I should have read a little deeper this afternoon. The diagrams and pictures you posted are very helpful. I am going to give it a try the next several days, now that I have a visual plan. Thanks again! Greatly appreciate this!