Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hey guys, I had my battery disconnected for most of the winter and am trying to enter my radio code (210 radio) with no luck. I used the code in September, so I know it is the correct one. I turn the key on, it says "code", I enter my code and it keeps going back to the first digit like it would do if the code was wrong. I had read that they will lock you out if they code is entered wrong so many times, requiring you to leave the radio on for an hour and was wondering if maybe a friend was playing with it while we were working on the car causing it to lock- but I read it says "wait" when this happens and mine isn't doing that.

Any ideas?

Please don't take any offense to this- but did you even read my problem before just habitually posting the link? I have the radio code and I have read the FAQ- it does not cover this at all. I have also searched "not accepting radio code" and have not found this same problem mentioned anywhere.

My radio does not say "wait" but I have tried leaving the key and radio on for 1 hour anyway with no luck. The code worked just fine last year when you gave it to me. It is not accepting it now. I can enter it and it goes right back to the first digit like it would if you had the incorrect code. I can also enter an incorrect code as many times as I want and it never says "wait" like it would with the wrong code before.

Anyone ever seen this?

I have not seen this same thing, but you say that you got the code from Loren last year, so it is not the one that came with the radio...it may be possible that you need to go up or down a number or two, as on a different radio (different car) I found out quite by accident that at least 2 different 4 digit numbers BOTH worked fine to unlock it..apparantly there is not a single unique 4 digit code...just a way lot more wrong ones!

I have not seen this same thing, but you say that you got the code from Loren last year, so it is not the one that came with the radio...it may be possible that you need to go up or down a number or two, as on a different radio (different car) I found out quite by accident that at least 2 different 4 digit numbers BOTH worked fine to unlock it..apparantly there is not a single unique 4 digit code...just a way lot more wrong ones!

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify- I got the code from Loren last year, within the usual +2, +4, -2, -4 range and got it to work last year (he gave me 4674 and it turned out to be 4676). That is what worked in September, so I wrote it down and even posted in my thread last year which one worked. I am trying the same code now (along with the other variations given in that thread just in case I wrote it down wrong) and it is not working. Like I said, the funny thing is I can enter an incorrect code as many times as I want without it locking up and saying "wait" also. Strange.

• Admin

Please don't take any offense to this- but did you even read my problem before just habitually posting the link? I have the radio code and I have read the FAQ- it does not cover this at all. I have also searched "not accepting radio code" and have not found this same problem mentioned anywhere.

My radio does not say "wait" but I have tried leaving the key and radio on for 1 hour anyway with no luck. The code worked just fine last year when you gave it to me. It is not accepting it now. I can enter it and it goes right back to the first digit like it would if you had the incorrect code. I can also enter an incorrect code as many times as I want and it never says "wait" like it would with the wrong code before.

Anyone ever seen this?

Did you do as the FAQ suggests and verify the radio serial number?

Does that part work?

Anyone ever seen this?

Did you do as the FAQ suggests and verify the radio serial number?

Does that part work?

Yes, the serial number is the same as last year when I pulled the deck out and gave it to you- I checked it as per the FAQ this time (tone, 8+0)just to make sure it didn't somehow "change". I can get to the Becker menu just fine. It is just when I go to enter the code that it isn't working. I have left the key and radio on for an hour just in case it was locked- though it didn't say "wait", I disconnected the battery for a while and tried again also with no luck. I can enter code after code (right or wrong) with nothing happening but it going back to the first digit of the code.

Edited by kwiktsi

Yes, let us know what happens..same thing might happen to me!

I never called, never got a chance to- but I did get it to work. I just kept entering the code over and over until it came on- odd because it did show the right code on the display, but kept going back to the first digit. Even if I just entered it and waited to see if it would come on it just sat there flashing the first digit. I don't get it. At least it is working now :).

• 5 months later...

Ugh, here we go again... Had to replace the battery today and now it won't accept the code again :(. I have entered the code probably 30+ times and it does nothing but go back to the first digit each time. Last time, I just kept trying until it worked, but something has to be wrong.

I am turning the key on, turning the radio on and when it says "CODE", I am entering it. Is there something I am missing- like waiting a while with the key on or anything? The odd thing is I can enter an incorrect code as many times as I want and it never locks, just keeps going back to the first digit. This sucks...

• Admin
Ugh, here we go again... Had to replace the battery today and now it won't accept the code again :(. I have entered the code probably 30+ times and it does nothing but go back to the first digit each time. Last time, I just kept trying until it worked, but something has to be wrong.

I am turning the key on, turning the radio on and when it says "CODE", I am entering it. Is there something I am missing- like waiting a while with the key on or anything? The odd thing is I can enter an incorrect code as many times as I want and it never locks, just keeps going back to the first digit. This sucks...

Please read this and follow the instructions...

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

If the serial number on the screen does not match the one on your card then the radio has been changed out and the code is wrong.

In that case follow the rest of the FAQ and I will try and guess your correct code.

Please read this and follow the instructions...

Lost Radio Code - FAQ, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

If the serial number on the screen does not match the one on your card then the radio has been changed out and the code is wrong.

In that case follow the rest of the FAQ and I will try and guess your correct code.

Umm, read the whole thread- you gave me the code last year and it worked with no problems. Then after putting the car back together after paint earlier this year, it gave me a hard time accepting the code. I just kept entering it over and over until it worked. Now, today I had to change the battery and it is giving me the same problems where it just keeps going back to the first digit no matter how many times I enter the code. I can even enter the incorrect code as many times as I want and it never "locks" like it did last year when I put the wrong code in. It just keeps going back to the first digit every time- whether the code I enter is the correct one or incorrect one.

I pulled the correct serial number right from the menu and you gave me the code from that, again- which worked last year, and worked earlier this year after numerous attempts. Now it is not working again- same code...

This might sound odd and I can't remember if it was in a VW or Porsche but after you enter the code you push the "tune/scan up" button to accept the code. If I'm right out to lunch can someone please let me know.

This might sound odd and I can't remember if it was in a VW or Porsche but after you enter the code you push the "tune/scan up" button to accept the code. If I'm right out to lunch can someone please let me know.

You know, I just got it to work a little while ago and I did enter the code, then pushed the up button just randomly trying stuff and it came on. Maybe that was it. I don't recall ever doing that before though :unsure: .. Anyone else have any info on this?