Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

car hesitation whenchanging gear

Hi to all

When I change up a gear I get a little hesitation( jerking motion not smooth gear change) in the car. This is most evident when moving slow or with normal street driving especially from first to second. If i hold the clutch a little at the end of a shift it is a smoother shift. With more agresive driving there is no evidence of it. The car had a new clutch flywheel etc the issue was evident before this. I had my first DE event this week and the car was great on the track. The instructor noticed the lack of smoothness while in the pit but not on the track. He suggested dirty injectors. any body have an idea on the problem or a possible solution.

thanks

Christopher

MY99 911 ocean blue manual cab

How many miles?

When were the plugs changed last?

Have you inspected the coils?

When have you last cleaned the throttle body?

I doubt it is any injector issue (maybe he was a 993 or 964 driver ;) )

thanks loren

I have 57200 miles now

plugs were changed at about 53000 as per your DIY (thanks)

I do not know what bad coils would look like(any photo)

I cleaned the throttle body two weeks ago.

thanks

Christopher

Loren

I have the car up off the ground

I have not taken the coils out but i have taken a closer look at them, I see littie cracks around where the allen screw holds them on. would this be enough to cause the issue. I dont know how to claen the MAF and i am reluctant to touch it as i have read of others having problems after. is there a way to check the coils when removed to see if one is bad.

the part code on two off the coils is beru 996 602 102 00 (the rest are blank) I have had no CEL or no misfires.

Hi loren

I checked the coils all have a little crack of some sort 1 to 2 per coil . i checked the resistance and got 0.5 Ohms on each at about 55degrees so they all pass. what should i try next. I got a price of $50 per coil so i would rather have a definate result before replacing them.

thanks

Christopher