Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Leather for Seats?

I bought some leather repair from a vendor that is in England. In the British 911 mags. It was great resolved almost all of my cracking problems. I see on ebay what looks like the same product. Hope that helps.

I bought some leather repair from a vendor that is in England. In the British 911 mags. It was great resolved almost all of my cracking problems. I see on ebay what looks like the same product. Hope that helps.

Thanks!! What is the product called? If I wanted to order new leather who would you recommend I order it from?

Thanks!! What is the product called? If I wanted to order new leather who would you recommend I order it from?

I have heard good things about www.gahh.com but I have not used them personally.

When I bought my 87 factory slantnose, it had been stored covered for a year or so and the area gets pretty hot in the summertime. The seats had become somewhat hard and dull and looked like they needed some serious CPR. I went to a custom car interior shop that specialized in leather interiors and the fellow turned me on to a product called Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator.....it took me about two weeks of work...applying and letting it soak in, then reapplying....but I brought the seats back to factory condition.

Everyone has their own particular favorite...Zaino, Maguires, Leatherique, etc, So I guess you can say that I have mine....but this particular product contains no artificial additives...it's made from the leather oils and does wonders by restoring the original oils.... The fellow had a headrest he took from a T bird that was stored in a wrecking yard for years and looked hopeless.... used this stuff on one half of the headrest to show the before and after. I couldn't believe that you could bring leather back from the dead like this. I buy it by the round container for $10 and have gone thru two cans of it...never leaves a greasy interior...doesn't "gas" like some of the synthetics do. Ok....that's it for my sales pitch...now you know my particular favorite.

Hi,

The leather on my seats (black interior) are beginning to crack a little on the head rest. Any one know what my options are on repairing it or should I just get new seats?

Thanks,

Raymond

If it's just a little crack, I would re-dye it. I had Color Plus custom mix some leather dye for me, and I'm very happy with the results. With black seats, no need for custom mix.

I dyed the entire seat, using their brush that leaves no brush strokes. You can easily do it without removing the seat. Just make sure you cover up all around. Or, you can just put some dye on a cotton cloth and rub it over the cracked areas, and then wipe off the excess. The cracks will be filled in and you won't even notice them anymore. This should take no more than 5 minutes.