Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Anyone know how to remove the rear wiper on the cayenne

i tried all the bolts nothing happens? is there a HOW TO?

If you mean the blade insert it really is just a grab and pull removal, no tools needed. At the center of the black plastic cover there is a clip that holds the middle of the wiper blade. To install the replacement wiper blade just snap the new one back into that same clip. Use consistent pressure on both the removal and the replacement and you will be fine.

Edited by rowlands57

If you mean the blade insert it really is just a grab and pull removal, no tools needed. At the center of the black plastic cover there is a clip that holds the middle of the wiper blade. To install the replacement wiper blade just snap the new one back into that same clip. Use consistent pressure on both the removal and the replacement and you will be fine.

You're on the right track. The bolt under the plastic cover needs to come off, then with a little pressure you can get the entire arm off. It pulls straight up from the bolt perspective.

Do as ventuje sugest, but replace "little pressure" by big pressure and replace the cover ( the clips break off )

do they break ? like broken? whoops?

Haven't you had to replace a plastic bolt cover yet? They are frequently dislodged at car washes, etc. I replaced mine 6 months ago. Once they come off the first time, they seem to come off easier and easier until finally they can't hold any longer. Fortunately they are cheap, although when you buy a new one they sell you the entire button assembly for the rear hatch.

• 2 months later...
Do as ventuje sugest, but replace "little pressure" by big pressure and replace the cover ( the clips break off )

do they break ? like broken? whoops?

Haven't you had to replace a plastic bolt cover yet? They are frequently dislodged at car washes, etc. I replaced mine 6 months ago. Once they come off the first time, they seem to come off easier and easier until finally they can't hold any longer. Fortunately they are cheap, although when you buy a new one they sell you the entire button assembly for the rear hatch.

What is the part number for this plastic cover and how much did you pay for it? I just lost mine. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

As with everything; it's quite easy once you know what you're doing. :P

Just lift up the rear wiper arm and pull the blade insert at one end until it snaps out. For a replacement I used a Duralast 15 inch one from Autozone for 7 bucks. Snap it back in and it'll work like a charm.

I hope the diagram clarifies it a little further.

post-16716-1256583631_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

You're on the right track. The bolt under the plastic cover needs to come off, then with a little pressure you can get the entire arm off. It pulls straight up from the bolt perspective.

I tried to replace the rear wiper this weekend but had to stop and come back inside to consult this forum. I do not really see any bolt or screw in the wiper arm or cover. Where exactly are you referring? Are you referring to the bolt on the rotating axis? If so, are you suggesting we take the arm off from the car to work on it? Can I just lift the plastic arm and work on it?

I tried to replace the rear wiper this weekend but had to stop and come back inside to consult this forum. I do not really see any bolt or screw in the wiper arm or cover. Where exactly are you referring? Are you referring to the bolt on the rotating axis? If so, are you suggesting we take the arm off from the car to work on it? Can I just lift the plastic arm and work on it?

I had to use a puller tool to remove the wiper arm. Mine was slightly corroded under the nut that holds the wiper arm in place. No amount of hand pressure would free the arm from the drive mechanism for me. A two arm puller did the trick. I cleaned everything up and reassembled after installing the new wiper blade. And FWIW... a replacement wiper blade (Bosch Brand) from Auto Zone site about one quarter of an inch higher than the original. If the Porsche part sits lower it might be worth it to replace it with an OEM part IMO.