Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

If I install a new PSE on a 2006 C2S WITHOUT any of the electrical or on/off switches, is the exhaust sound loud or normal by default?

I want the loud PSE sound all the time. Can I simply install the PSE and forget about all the wiring and the on/off switch?

Or, do I need to install some wiring in order to activate the louder sound?

In my opinion, the PSE sounds amazing compared to other aftermarket systems. But I don't want the complex full install process.

Sorry to raise this question again, but I could not find the answer by searching on this topic.

:renntech:

• 2 weeks later...
Great. Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is a tip for you.....

You can use your org. muffler and do a simple mod like this and it will only costs you about $400 to have a great sprot engine sound!

I've seen people on the forums that indicate this mod can be done for under $200 by most reputable exhaust shops.

The picture here is mine, from when I had the pictured bypass pipe welded in between the inlet and outlet on my standard 997S exhaust cans.

Cost me $175 to have done and sounds absolutely awesome - hard to discern from the OEM PSE that costs $2000.

Cheers,

Gundo

Great. Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is a tip for you.....

You can use your org. muffler and do a simple mod like this and it will only costs you about $400 to have a great sprot engine sound!

I've seen people on the forums that indicate this mod can be done for under $200 by most reputable exhaust shops.

markradogna, here is a very small detail, but it IS all about the details right!!

If the 997 PSE is anything like the 987 PSE you need to "cap" the vacuum line inlet with something on the exhaust to prevent stuff (dirt) getting sucked into it. The dealership did this to mine last year when they did the install.

Just an FYI.

markradogna, here is a very small detail, but it IS all about the details right!!

If the 997 PSE is anything like the 987 PSE you need to "cap" the vacuum line inlet with something on the exhaust to prevent stuff (dirt) getting sucked into it. The dealership did this to mine last year when they did the install.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for the information about the "cap". I'll make sure to review this step if I go with the PSE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOUND CLIPS YOU CAN POST USING THE EXHAUST MOD SHOWN ABOVE?

I'm curious about the sound versus the PSE.

Thanks.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for the information about the "cap". I'll make sure to review this step if I go with the PSE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOUND CLIPS YOU CAN POST USING THE EXHAUST MOD SHOWN ABOVE?

I'm curious about the sound versus the PSE.

Thanks.

I just installed a PSE on my car. To me it was worth the extra work to wire it up to an on-off switch so I can make the choice of loud vs quiet. I find I use the switch quite often. But if you don't expect to want the quiet version, the exhaust mod is probably the best bang for the buck, and I understand the sound is very similar to the loud setting of the PSE. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Just completed the exhaust mod with 2 inch pipe across the inlet and outlet pipes on 06 C4S. It sounds pretty good, but personally, I think it is a bit loud specially when the top is down, perhaps a smaller diameter would work better.

Here is my question, is there any performance hindrance with this mod?